AL Capshaw's Surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers ! I just got to a computer here at UAB Hospital today (Tuesday 5/28/02), 7 days after the successful completion of my AVR Surgery.

My stay was extended by an Atrial Fibrilation event two days post op, which was successfully converted. The last chest tubes and wires were pulled yesterday and I anticipate going home this afternoon. More from home later.

'AL Capshaw'

Thank God!
I was getting really worried.
Even with the bumps in the road, you are still with us and that alone, makes me feel a heck of a lot better!
I'm happy to hear from you and wish you well on your recovery.
I also hope to hear from you again, before I go for mine in 13 days.

Take care of yourself Al,
The worry wort Ross.

OUTSTANDING!

OUTSTANDING!

Great to hear from you Al, I too was getting concerned. I started to look back at the threads to find your hospital and was going to call them to check up on you tomorrow if we hadn't heard.

Great to hear that you're going home pretty soon.

Congratulations and welcome to the other side of the mountain!

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Hi Al,

It sure is great to hear from you. Like Ross and Johnny, I was pretty worried about you too. In fact, on Sunday I called UAB Hospital to check on you. Patient Information said they did not have, nor had they had anyone by that name there all week. (The person I spoke with didn't sound too swift at all, but I thought maybe I just had the wrong hospital.)

Anyway, I'm relieved to hear that you're on your way home and that all went relatively well. I'll be watching for your next posts.

Congratulations on a job well done!:)

Ron K

Al - Good to hear about your successful surgery. Relax, and get more recovery and hope to hear your story soon. It is always good to get home.

great news, al! like everyone else concurs, the worst is over. it is now time for us to heal & get stronger each & every day!!pls. be rest assured that we are here for you.

take care & rest well!

ben & chele

Hi Al, I couldn't find an e-mail at UAB..so I too tried to call..but no one answered. We are all glad to hear from you..go home and walk, walk, walk...I know it is hot in Alabama..so find yourself a cool spot...maybe a mall in a few weeks. Take care. Bonnie

hi al!
so glad you will be coming home soon. i bet you can't wait!
i'm sorry you had to deal with the afib, but was happy to hear that the cardioversion worked. are you taking any meds for
arrhythmias?
in any case, glad to hear you are doing well. wishing you a continued uneventful and easy recovery.
be well, sylvia

Latest posts

Back