Active lifestyle and Warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hon the vit k in oil is so negligible that it's not worth the time to sit it in the sunlight. Those crazy people make it sound like if you have the slightest bit of K, your INR is going to go crazy and it's just not true. You'd have to really really pig on something high in vit k to do much to your INR. So long as you eat a normal healthy diet, just as you always have, the dose will be adjusted for your diet. By following all these silly Vit K writings, your dieting the dose, which is completely backwards from the way it should be. ;)

The key is normal healthy diet. If you drastically change your eating habits, say, switch to a low-fat diet and substitute fresh fruit for Texas-sized bowls of deep-fried ice cream and mountains of Twinkies :eek:, then you will probably see some rise in your INR. I did when I started with Weight Watchers in 2004. I merely adjusted my warfarin dosage to reflect that diet change.
This is why you will frequently see advice to consult your doctor when making dietary changes. I didn't have to; I figured it out myself and made the adjustment myself.
In order words, I dosed the diet. ;)

Latest posts

Back