A week away from one year out

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well I am one week away from my first valvesary. My mind has been wondering lately. Thinking about where I was this time last year. This time last year all I wanted to do was sleep all day. And although I still take a nap on weekends some times, because work exhausts me by the end of the week. I work a 40 hour week and then put in just as much time trying to keep the house in order so except for my nap on the weekends I don't get much time to just relax. I really am not sure how I feel about this one year anniversary. I am sure that once saturday comes my mood will be up and down all day. I do know that when saturday comes I am not doing anything. No housework or anything else. It is going to be my day to do whatever I want. Anyhow, just my thoughts right now as one year has approached very quickly and I wonder where that year has gone.

This is cheating. You have to wait a full year. :D

I don't know about you, but I certainly do not like to think about my annversaries. I have a lot of bad bad memories that I really do not want to relive, though I do almost daily, in my mind.

Well I'll make sure to post something next saturday then ross. Lol. I haven't thought about it too much as I am normally too busy. But I am taking the day for myself. I relate somewhat to what u say about not wanting to think about because me being so stubborn probably wouldn't have gone to the doctor and would have just thought it would pass. So I realize that without the hubby making that appointment I probably wouldn't be sitting here writing this. Anyway off to work I go. Have to get the lawn mowed and laundry washed before I go back to work tomorrow for another stressful week.

I have to say that although I haven't thought about it all week that today since it is officially 1 year today that my mind is wondering. Right about now last year I was getting prepped for surgery. I am taking this day for myself and only doing the things I want to do. If I feel like watching movies all day then that is what I am going to do. This is one day that I will not feel guilty for not getting all the housework and such done. It is a beautiful day today here and will probably spend most of my day outside but I doubt that I will be able to stop my mind from wondering. After all without this surgery I know what my outcome would have been and it wouldn't have been a good one. So I am very grateful that the surgery happened when it did. And the fact that except for tiring easily that for the most part I feel good. There are days when I don't feel great and I get bouts of afib but those days are also a blessing from above. We are all blessed that we live in a time that surgery is possible. And we can for the most part live our lives. Sure we may have our own individual challenges at times. But my son still has his mother where if it was 60 years ago he probably wouldn't. Anyhow these are my thoughts for the day so far. I may make the hubby take me out to dinner as it has been a while since we went to dinner and I don't plan on cooking. Anyhow I hope that everyone's day is a great one and you can enjoy your memorial day weekend.

Official congratulations! I do hope you make him take you to a really fine restaurant. Then again, any that you love is fine too.

I am making him take me to this family restaurant called berardi's in sandusky. The food is good and we used to go there with his mother before she passed away almost two years ago. Sure I could make him take me to an expensive restaurant but it doesn't seem fitting. A nice family restaurant with good memories seems like the perfect thing for today. I know it will probably bring up some bittersweet memories for him as we always enjoyed the time we spent with his mother there but it just seems fitting because if she was still with us she would want to take me out to dinner on this day.

happy one year and one month jackie! I know i havent been on here in along time- i went back to work in April so have been just relearning how to juggle everything again but i think of you often and wish and pray for everyone on this site for long health happy lives. Today is my one year, one month and one day valversary. I am like Ross I think and try to not remember-even though I dont seem to remember much- selective memory :) but every nite before i sleep i am reminded with the tick tock of the clicking valve. :) we are blessed.
megan

Latest posts

Back