Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in a world of 7.8 billion people you can find a horror story about anything.

My best friends sisters boyfriend heard from this guy he knows this kid who is going with a girl who's father died horribly after falling over when walking down the stairs.

Closer to home there is this story from a member here who lived in Thailand:

I have mentioned this in another thread but i am hoping to get some more replies here. I had OHS 6 months ago and received a St jude biocor 21 mm valve. It now seems that the valve is not working properly. It is still unclear what the exact problem is but my surgeon thought the leaflets of the valve appeared to be thickened which could be caused by calcification. I knew that this was an increased risk with a tissue valve at 38 but I think at 6 months this cannot be the only issue. Another thing that was mentioned that the valve is possibly too small.

personally I'd go Mechanical (wait, I did go mechanical)

They told him that he had to go on blood thinners for the rest of his life following the operation.
btw, this is absolutely NORMAL for all mechanical valves, I realise you're new here and that you don't have like 4 years of asking the same question again, and again .... and again. So I can see why you need to explain that as if its shocking.

Did you know (I mean this has only been pointed out to you something like >100 times) that you could end up on lifelong anticoagulants (blood thinners) even with a tissue prosthesis?

newarrior,

What is your goal in posting such unhelpful things like this?

1) To truly educate (or scare) the community on every single negative thing that could possibly happen if one goes mechanical?

2) To pursuade everyone that has gotten a mechanical valve (and/or that is on anti-coagulation therapy) to call their Dr and have it replaced with a tissue valve?

3) You found yet another reason why not to get a mechanical valve or the surgery and want the world to know?

As you said in previous posts that you don't want to get the life-saving valve surgery you say you need, then why are you still using this valve replacement forum? I would think there would be other forums that you would get more benefit from and be more worthy of your time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back