7days Post Surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Well it has been seven days since surgery. Last night was my best night for sleep so far. I was finally able to stretch flat out and roll over on my side. Still have back muscle killing me. Has anyone tried massage theraphy or maybe just putting heat on them? A couple days ago I had a really bad spell, as the surgeon had put me on 500mg of Vicodin, every four hours, well that just had me climbing the walls. So after getting no sleep for over 20 hours, we were able to get ahold of his PA that told us to cut them in half. That has helped alot and yeaterday I was able to complete all my walks, plus climb the stairs from the basement where my recliner is located

Sounds like you are doing well. Remember, don't push the physical activity too much. Your body will throw you down brutally.

Many here recommend massage as a way to ease the muscle pain.

You are doing really well if you can lie down flat and roll on your side. Heck, I still have trouble sleeping on my left side.

Take it easy and go at your own pace. I've heard good things about massages after surgery, so I'd go for it. Just make sure that the masseuse takes it easy with the massage.

NOTHING works on the muscles pain in your back like massage - those were the only pains that my painkillers didn't touch. So yes - by all means get a massage. But I don't think you really need to go to a masseuse - probably just having anyone massage the muscles several times a day works as well (I had my hubby "do" my back 3 or 4 times per day regardless of pain - and avoided the issue).

Good luck.

You sound like your doing great, best of luck with the rest of your recovery :)

Sounds like you are doing great. I massaged Dick's back and shoulders numerous times a day and we even tried some BenGuay at night- it helped.

Massage therapy is really helpful.. Gosh, I a 3 months post op and am still sleeping elevated on my back you are doing really well... Rose

Muscle pain

Muscle pain

Hi. I have some videos and written info re use of heat after OHS. The only instr is not to use heating pad directly on incisions. I have used a heating pad almost daily since my surgery in August. Massage + heat should work well. I am amazed that you can roll onto your side.
It really does get better every day.
Joanne

I got a massage about 3 weeks after surgery and it worked wonders. I just asked her to be gentle on the pushing and I used my hands to keep my chest from pressing against the table. It really seemed to help with the tension in my upper back and shoulders.

Congratulations on making it through the hardest part.

Dan

Back