7 weeks post op, 3rd week of rehab..

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hot Rod Harry

Things are going great, and very un-eventful.. I still have sternum pain, and weird pains in my chest when moving around in the bed.

Other than that, it's going great. I am in my 3rd week of rehab. I'm now up to 60 min of solid walking, grade 2 incline, and ramping up to 4.3 mph. Plenty of sweat.. Wed I ran the last 2.5 min, with the heart rate getting up to 176.. I haven't been able to steady run in YEARS!! I felt great, and capped the day off with a little bit of weight lifting, pulldowns and tricep extentions, that I barely feel sore from. My average pulse while walking is in the 145-150 range.

I go in today for the last day of the week, and if things still feel good, I would like to run for 5 min, after my walking.

They told me that I am doing great, and while they normally don't let the heart rate get that high, I am in good shape, and my blood pressure looks great, last time it was 114/63 after a 5 min cool down.

I'm thinking 1 more week of rehab, and I'll be ok on my own the rest of the way out.

Latest posts

Back