5 months after surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbuck

Well, I'm 5 months after surgery. I went back to work 8 weeks after surgery, tho I wasnt doing any of the heavy lifting that I normally do. As of now, I dont notice any shortness of breath any more. I am lifting nearly as much as I did pre surgery, about 60 lbs repeatedly over my head. By thursdays I'm feeling a little run down but am able to hang in there and get to the weekend. I can sneeze now without holding my chest, dang that hurt for a while!
All in all, I think I am doing quite well (knock on wood). Just wanted to give an update, havent been on in a while. And this is one of the things I looked for pre surgery, to find out how I should be recovering.

Bill

Well, I'm 5 months after surgery. I went back to work 8 weeks after surgery, tho I wasnt doing any of the heavy lifting that I normally do. As of now, I dont notice any shortness of breath any more. I am lifting nearly as much as I did pre surgery, about 60 lbs repeatedly over my head. By thursdays I'm feeling a little run down but am able to hang in there and get to the weekend. I can sneeze now without holding my chest, dang that hurt for a while!
All in all, I think I am doing quite well (knock on wood). Just wanted to give an update, havent been on in a while. And this is one of the things I looked for pre surgery, to find out how I should be recovering.

Bill

Well that is great news! So glad life is pretty well back to normal. May each day continue to get better.

Good update, Bill! Keep on exercising and in several more month you will barely remember having a surgery. The feeling run down by the end of the week could be from a little bit of overtraining, lack of sleep, or just some stress.

Good update, Bill! Keep on exercising and in several more month you will barely remember having a surgery. The feeling run down by the end of the week could be from a little bit of overtraining, lack of sleep, or just some stress.

Well, its not really exercise, its work, but your right, its been hectic at work, a lot of stress this time of year there, and lack of sleep from worrying about work. End of December will slow down tho and things should get better. I'm hoping that all progresses well and I have no set backs. I wonder how many people have set backs after they've progressed well for the past 5 months??

It is great to hear your progress. At 5 months out, I would imagine the set backs are almost all behind you. Sorry about the lack of sleep. I know too well how that can run you down. It's easier said that done, but worrying doesn't help. I am in the Risk Mgmt business and believe me, if it did help, we would have found a way to bottle/package and sell it (worry) a long time ago. Although then we wouldn't need insurance.

Great to hear you are back at work and able to do heavy lifting! I'm 9 weeks post op, and appreciate hearing what lies ahead! Good to know it gets better as time goes on!

Yea it gets better Mike, at least it did for me. I had a complication two weeks after surgery, had a pericardial effusion. Once they took the liter of fluid off my heart things started to improve almost daily.

I'm a bit late to the party, but congrats on your recovery Bill. I hope that things continue to go well for you.

Tom

Latest posts

Back