4 weeks down and I feel amazing

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

thecoolkid17

Hey just giving a little update, its been a month now and I feel so so so great! I have started biking this past week, I usually do 9 miles or so but hit 16 the other day with my mom. I walk on top of that a couple miles a day. I have my full range of motion back, everything is going beyond expected. I have a meeting with my cardiologist on wed. and have no doubt he will not be very happy with the results. I am not rushing the lifting part, I am still being a wuss and know my limitations and what is too heavy, pretty much anything more than a gallon of milk:rolleyes: But other than that.....life is very very well. Thanks again for all the support.

I have uploaded some pics in my album of my progress over the weeks, and well.......they do not do the scar justice, it looks a lot better than what the camera can capture;)

Luke

Wow!! Way to go , It took me about 3 months to get back on my bike.
And its definitely the smart thing to NOT do any lifting for a while .
Congrats--and try not to overdue--Dina

Great to hear you're doing good! Don't overdo, remember, paybacks are hell and your body will remind you if you step out of line.

Your scar is almost as pretty as mine - lol!

You look great, I'm so happy for you. :)

Peace,
Ruth

Sounds like you are doing great!!! Your right on the mark for the lifting, you don't know how fast its healing on the inside and don't want to have any problems. Your picture of your scare looks like its healing good. Just don't overdue it even if you feel good. Let your body tell you when to stop.
Otherwise, keep up the good work.:)

Good going. Your cardio should be pleased with your progree and probably will remind you about the lifting restrictions.

Don't overdo but enjoy your excellent recovery.

Thank you all tons for the support and I may be young dumb and full of......well you know;) but I been able to sit back and watch people do all the heavy lifting for the time being and am SO SO glad I can get back to walking and biking and doing SOMETHING halfway active. I can only watch so many movies and read so many books......but thanks again for the support, its real nice to hear from a group of people who have gone through it.....

Well, you've got my Medtronics Freestyle but you have something I don't --- youth! :D Way to go, Kid, sounds like you're doing great. Glad you are holding back on the lifting, though. That can be pretty unforgiving if you do too much too soon.

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back