4 week post op update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnff2

Hi all, just a little update.

Saw my cardiologist this am and walked a whole 3 minutes (oh boy!) on the treadmill before my heart rate increased and I became SOB, I now have a cardiac rehab referral. We changed around some meds, added a new med and stopped a different med. Hopefully this will help. I haven't been feeling very well this past week. I have been having alot of nausea, vomiting, headaches and generalized achy back, neck and shoulders. I am thinking it is due to the large dose if Lopressor I'm on. I seem to feel sick after taking my medications. He thinks these changes this will help. Told me to keep doing what I'm doing and see him in after the 1st of the year. So I guess I will continue on my path and see where it takes me. I have set a goal of going back to work Feb 1st...I don't think sooner would be better doing the work I do. Seeing how today went I hope I make it.

Kerri

Kerri, thanks for the update. Just remember, some days are better than others. I still have days, where i get tired easily and im 9 weeks out now. Just started back work Monday, and it seems a little overwhelming, but i do listen to my body and rest when i need it. Sounds like your doing good. It gets better though. Every week i feel better than the last, and try to focus on that. Dont over do it, and keep us posted.

Hang in there... most days should be a little bit better with some days not so much. It gets better... time heals.

hang in, I will be 4 weeks tomorrow and am doing pretty good other than the pain in my shoulder blade and numbness in my right little and ring fingers. Sometimes a little moody, and frustrated that it all takes time to heal. Keep us updated.

Latest posts

Back