4.5 years after Mitral valve replacement, 34 age

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiv

Hi All,
I wanted to post about my wife. She has on-x mitral valve replacement in May 2019. Currently on anticoagulants. She is doing good , only few episodes of stool blood or heavy periods recently. Nothing serious. Hope the good time continues. What extra precautions we can take proactively to reduce future risks. Apart from PT/INR any other test to be done periodically or any inputs. Thanks all.

Hi All,
I wanted to post about my wife. She has on-x mitral valve replacement in May 2019. Currently on anticoagulants. She is doing good , only few episodes of stool blood or heavy periods recently. Nothing serious. Hope the good time continues. What extra precautions we can take proactively to reduce future risks. Apart from PT/INR any other test to be done periodically or any inputs. Thanks all.
Also to add ,she also had a baby in Jan 2021 who is now 3 years old, almost.

I am glad your wife is doing well! That is great she was able to have a baby. People sometimes post on here looking for advice on what valve to choose, can they manage a pregnancy with a mechanical valve, so I am sure that will be encouraging for others to hear.

I'm very glad to hear that your wife is going good.

Per your question, I would agree with the weekly testing with a Coaguchek, as suggested by Timmay. Testing every two weeks is ok, but weekly is better. Studies have shown that those who self test have about 50% as many anticoagulant related events, which puts us pretty close to the general population with respect to events.

Back