34 Years and Still Clicking

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John & Joann

Dec. 10th, 1971. We will both NEVER forget. Little did we know what the future would bring--both good and bad. Those 2 mechanical valves lasted 27 years. We never heard of Coumadin, atrial fib, infection risk, blood tests, the LOUD clicking of the Starr Edwards valves, and all of the other issues that everyone knows today.

The atrial and mitrial valves were replaced in 1999 with 2 newer versions. A stroke caused by the deterioriation of the valve stiches caused a crisis. 3 bypass, 2 new valves, and the 1997 pacemaker made Joann almost a new lady. 20 TIA's caused by the scraping of the scar tissue during was another side issue.

We have just returned from a 10 day cruise to Panama, Aruba, and Costa Rica.

God has blessed us in so many ways! We pray that you too can have the quality life that we are enjoying after Rheumatic Fever and bad vascular genes. We will go South from Ohio to Port Charlotte, Florida in late December. The dog and cat will join us in this yearly trip. A little more togetherness than normal, but we will make it work!!!

God Bless and Holiday Greetings!

John & Joann

Wow, let me be the first to congratulate JoAnn on her valve anniversary. She is certainly a VR.Com icon and obviously, after everything she's been through, one tough lady. ;) Please give her my best.

Hi John and Joann-

Our heartiest congratulations for those many years of clicking along. Joe's not too far behind Joann. Lots of issues too, but he's still going and doing. Have a beautiful holiday season! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

What a great insperation to all of us, you seem to have been through a great deal, gives a lot of hope to all us starting out on the journey, congratulations, :) hope you have many more happy years Paula x

Such a great story and great inspiration. Glad Joann made it through all the ignorance that did (and still does in some arenas) exist with the valve world.

Here's hoping for 34 more.

Congratulations! You are an inspiration to all of us here on VR.com. Happy Holidays to you and yours too.
Kathy

Congrats Joann and John

Congrats Joann and John

Along with the others, we find your story an inspiration. Thank you for posting it! I appreciated your thoughtfulness at PM us soon after Nathan's surgery 2 + months ago. Your story gave us hope then, and continues to do so now. :)

John and Joann

John and Joann

You are both heros to all of us. Your positive attitude and strength in view of adversity are inspirational. Happy anniversary of the sad situation that you turned into a positive and productive live. You both are sunshine.
Blanche

John and Joann...

John and Joann...

I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering why I hadn't seen you here for a while. A 10 day cruise, how nice for you. Don't suppose you're enjoying this freezing cold you've come home to!

Yours is such a story of overcoming many adversities and still showing us those lovely smiles. You have indeed been blessed;thank you for sharing your great story with us!

Enjoy your time down south! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Barb

John & JoAnn - Congratulations to you both. You have certainly come a long way and through many trials and tribulations. 31 yrs is a long time. You have inspired many with your post.

A cruise to those tropical places. I bet you had a wonderful time.

Enjoy your time in Lettuce Lake!

Hope your home didn't get hurt by the canes last/this year.

and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Congratulations to you both. You are an inspiration to all on this board and we wish you many more years of living life fully each and every day. Enjoy the holidays and your trip South.

Congratulations John and Joann, you are both inspirations to me. Wishing you many many more years of wonderful life together.

God bless you both!!! Wow, what a story. Enjoy each day to the max and have a WONDERFUL winter.

Evelyn

Happy Sails...

Happy Sails...

John & Joann,

You are such an inspiration Joann. Congrats on the 34 years, and I hope you'll get many, many more years out of your valves.
Happy Sails....:) :) :)

John & Joann said:
Dec. 10th, 1971. We will both NEVER forget. Little did we know what the future would bring--both good and bad. Those 2 mechanical valves lasted 27 years. We never heard of Coumadin, atrial fib, infection risk, blood tests, the LOUD clicking of the Starr Edwards valves, and all of the other issues that everyone knows today.

The atrial and mitrial valves were replaced in 1999 with 2 newer versions. A stroke caused by the deterioriation of the valve stiches caused a crisis. 3 bypass, 2 new valves, and the 1997 pacemaker made Joann almost a new lady. 20 TIA's caused by the scraping of the scar tissue during was another side issue.

We have just returned from a 10 day cruise to Panama, Aruba, and Costa Rica.

God has blessed us in so many ways! We pray that you too can have the quality life that we are enjoying after Rheumatic Fever and bad vascular genes. We will go South from Ohio to Port Charlotte, Florida in late December. The dog and cat will join us in this yearly trip. A little more togetherness than normal, but we will make it work!!!

God Bless and Holiday Greetings!

John & Joann

WOW! Congrats! So what mechanical valve did you have that you didn't take blood thinners all those years?

John and Joann

John and Joann

Congratulations, I am very happy for you. You give me so much hope that my valve will last just as long as yours. (Bjork-Shiley mitral-19 years)

John and Joann-
Great news on your 34th year with your valve:D It's an inspiration to those of us who are patiently and anxiously waiting for our turn.Have a happy holiday season!!

Latest posts

Back