3 Wks Post Op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blessed1416

Hi Guys, sorry I started two other threads right after coming home from the hospital, but had computer problems and couldn't get the messages through to you all. It was a rough surgery-3 1/2 days in CICU and procedures before op. that I wasn't expecting. Since surgery, things have been OK, 2 good days, then 1 bad day, (2 steps forward, then 1 step back-:) )which isn't bad!! What hurts me more than anything else is that I think that I'm energetic enough and feeling well enough to move to the next level of activity, then find that I just don't have the stregnth to do it. Now that's discouraging. But with all of your prayers and thoughts, my family, my church, my friends I'm making it - One day at a time!! Love "ya'll"

I think we've all done the 1 step forward, two steps back dance. Three weeks is still mighty early in the recovery phase; give it another three weeks, and I think you'll be surprised at how much faster you seem to progress.
Hang in there, soon this will seem like a distant memory.:)
Mary

Gail,

Good to see you got that pesky computer up and running. Take it easy and don't overdo for a while (easier said than done). Soon you will be posting about that first year. :D :D

Us UAB buddies need to stick together. Guess we will have to consider a UAB Reunion one of these days.:D :D

May God Bless,

Danny

Glad to see you posting- sounds like normal for three weeks. Wishing you the best and look forward to hearing more when you feel up to it.

I remember being three weeks post-op and feeling pretty good. That was, until I moved and tried to do something. Get used to running out of energy quickly and resting often. I went for a bike ride last weekend at a pace that I thought was embarrassingly slow and one that I should be able to keep up for infinity. Four miles into it, I had to get off my bike and sit down for about a half hour to try to repool my energy.

3 weeks post op on Thursday

3 weeks post op on Thursday

My 3 week anniversary for MVP surgery is Thursday and I'm told I'm told I'm doing very well, but I am still exhausted. I've slept the last several afternoons away and feel like I shouldn't be. I do get out in the mornings so I'm not totally like a sloth.
I went to the doctor and got a good report and feel very optimistic. Now, I just need to get better enough to hold my grandson who will be born on Feb. 23.
Glad to hear from all of you and that you are doind well.
:D Barbara

I know what you mean

I know what you mean

I am sorry that you had a rough time with surgery and before surgery too.
I had surgery January 18, butdid not come home until Sunday,January 29. I amnot very strong either.All I do is walk a few minutes , rest,eat. I am supposedto work my way to walking 10 minutes at a time 5 times a day. Today I walked about8 minutes at a time. It was 70 degrees outside so I was able to enjoy the sun. I think it is pretty normal to not have energy at this point. I am just take it easy..visit with my sister and her husband, read a little bit, rest a lot, walk, watch some TV, and enjoy food Ido not have to cook.:)
I hope you feel more like yourself soon.

I somehow missed this thread the other day.

Congrats on being home and feeling so good.

Now - Blessed, Praline and Barbara: 3 weeks out is nothing. You mustn't expect too much from yourselves. Getting through the day is about all you should expect. I started cardiac rehab at 3 weeks out and it took a day to recover from each session.

Hope you all continue to do well and just worry about breathing, walking and napping!

I agree - at three weeks out, your mind starts to say, "I'm feeling good, let's go do something!" and your body says, "whoa!" Give yourself time to get your "get up and go" back. My husband tried the same thing, going back to work about 2-3 weeks after and wiped himself out to the point that he couldn't do anything the day after. The key is moderation and let yourself heal.

tired

tired

My surgery was on the 20th of Jan and since i've been home there seems to be a lot of resting after my 15 min walks. A lot of back ache seems to come along with the surgery. But I feel better that i'm not alone with the tiredness.

Latest posts

Back