3 month anniversay

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctyguy

I wanted to thank all of the wonderful folks on VR.com for their support and inspiriation. I had my 3 month anniversary yesterday from my AVR and must say that I do feel Im getting stronger and stronger every day.

I've worked my way up to running 9 to 10 miles a week in 3 to 4 mile sessions. Prior to my surgery I would get SOB and chest pain when my heart got up to about 130 bpm. Now when I run my heart is plugging along between 145 and 150bpm with no issues. If my legs could only keep up !

I still have some issues with my digestive system and continue to take a stool softener daily but otherwise all is wonderful ! Im even back to doing pushups and playing golf (still suck at that though).

I know alot of folks get involved in this site in their darker hours prior to and immediately after the surgery and then tend to drop out of site. I've promised myself to continue to sign in (hopefully daily) and check and see if there is anyone out there who needs a shoulder to lean on or who just wants to hear from someone who has dealt with what they are dealing with. This forum helped me so much its hard to describe, I just want to be able to do the same for others.

I feel the same as you about this site. Although I came to VR.com after my surgeries, I recognized it for the valuable resource it is, immediately. If I can help people (even through the darker side of illness and recovery) through sharing my experiences, then sign me up and keep me posting.

Congrats on 3 months! It must feel wonderful to be doing some things better now than you were before OHS. You've got my wishes for continued good health.

Take Heart,
Pamela

Congratulations!

That's all we've asked you to do. It's nice to stick around help the next petrified newbie that comes in. ;)

Thanks for this thread, ctyguy. My surgery was the day before yours and while I had been on this site since shortly after my first OHS, it has been so incredibly helpful to me that I hope to remain here longterm and hopefully be able to say just the right thing someone else needs to hear/read at just that moment. It's the only way I know to give thanks to those who have helped me so much.

Keep up your great healing. Sounds like you are doing very, very well and that is certainly an inspiration to those in the waiting room.

glad to hear everything is good. it will be 11 weeks for me on monday and while I am feeling good I am not feeling normal yet. so I keep hoping one day I will wake up and I can say wow I feel really good. Also I cant wait to do my first pushup or bench press again, the surgeon said at 12 weeks all restrictions are lifted so 1 more week.

Congratulations on 3 months. Each month gets better. Your legs will catch up, your digestive track will function a lot better over time also. Make sure you are drinking enough water, and sports drinks after a run. Gatoraide has a lot of sodium as do some other sports drink. I water it down, half and half, so that I get the electrolytes without too much sodium.

I hope you continue to have a great recovery! Patience is the key.

Congrats Ctyguy! I'm right there with you. My AVR was in Feb also (2/5). Yesterday I ran 4 miles for the first time in many, many months (OK, I walked up the big 1/4 mile hill). This morning, an easy 2 miles. I'm shooting for 15 miles total this week, gradually building up to my old 20 to 25 miles per week. I'm also able to do pushups. I totally agree with you. This site is more than just a support group to get you through the waiting room period. The after-care support is equally important. I took several weeks off from visiting vr.com and could feel that something was missing in my recovery process. I, too, will make an effort to visit, post my progress and support others, especially those who are waiting for surgery.

Best of luck with your future progress. I hope the digestive thing goes away. Who knows... maybe in the future we'll get the chance to run in the same 1/2 or full marathon!

Steve C.

Congratulations On Your 3 Month Anniversary....wishing You Many, Many More Years Of Good Health!!!

Congratulations on your three month anniversary! Glad to hear all is well.It is amazing what a few months post op feel like compared to the first few weeks after. Keep on rockin!:)

Back