2d anniversary for 2d AVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DebbyA

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hello to anyone who remembers me!

Actually the anniversary was February, but we were busy then. I don't check in as often as I used to. Partly because it feels like my experiences are either out of mind or out of date. Before and after the first AVR it was never out of my mind. There was some anxiety in the lead-up to the second because it was so difficult to get the attention of the doctor's staff. However the surgery and recovery went well. I take warfarin now, and INR has never been stable, but I've stopped worrying about it. I'm home testing now, so don't have the annoyance of being told I must have varied my diet. (I always told them I'm not eating PeopleChow.) I'm still jealous of those whose tissue valves (especially porcine) lasted more than 6 years.

I remain grateful to this forum for the information and support I received, and do try to chime in if I think I have something useful to say.

:)

happy anniversary

and being not here simply means you have more pressing things to do (or don't live in front of a computer)

:)

Back