26M - learned of BAV in Jan and had repair. No symptoms. Anyone w/ same experience?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hello and thank's for looking. I'm a 26M, and I found out that I had this condition in January of this year after a routine MD appointment found a murmur. I never had any of the typical symptoms that I've seen reported with the disease. What surprised me the most was that my cardiologist told me that my heart was so enlarged, it was failing. I had the AV repair at the Cleveland Clinic about a month later. I'm not sure if my lifestyle played a part in lack of symptoms; I used to run or walk 5-8 miles every other day, bicycle 10-20 miles in between, and hike about once/twice per month. I was curious to know if anyone else had a similar experience?

Also, I was curious to know other individual's experience with an enlarged heart. How long did it take for your heart to return to a normal size and operating efficiency?

Thanks for looking.

I was 30, BAV and aortic aneurysm found during echo. No symptoms, but was sent for echo by GP after high blood pressure and right bundle branch block found. Had aorta replaced and valve repaired in 2010. In 2015 had BAV replaced with mechanical valve. Heart was enlarged and low EF. I'm also hoping heart will reverse remodel itself!

For me, six months. My heart was enlarged as well and I was in active heart failure. Had no clue until the murmur was found. Had repair same month I was diagnosed, June 2014 at Johns Hopkins. At six month check up I was told the size of heart was back to where it should be.

Latest posts

Back