2 years and had post operation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extraordinary

hello
i want to know is anybody feeling worst after surgery than before the surgery ?
i mean since i had my last 3rd open heart surgery of a mechanical valve i have this sudden episodes of severe muscle pain it could be anywhere ( back, hand, arms ) anywhere you name it
i also sometimes have numbness in some parts of my body, blurry vision, severe headache in the winter i even experienced yellow hands and feet that turns purple after that and many many more symptoms that i've never experienced before my last surgery i find it very bothering because all those symptoms makes me feel very sick and bothered all check ups turns out to be alright but that's not what i feel ...
anyone been in the same situation that I'm in ? or knows what I'm talking about
im a young 26 year old female with a CHD

Hi

sorry to hear you're not doing well ... I don't have any of the things you've mentioned, but I can say that the 3rd operation was tougher than the second. I'm of the view that a 4th will be as bad as my sugeon has suggestes, so with any luck I won't need onw.

what's your general health and activity like aside from what you've mentioned?

I get numbness in my hands and legs at times. I have also been the recipient of really bad leg cramps at times. I see quite prone to getting cramps in my rib area too. I never experienced the same symptoms before my surgery, so I assume they might be related. They aren't life altering or anything, just more of an annoyance. I've tried to keep track of the symptoms as they relate to my Coumadin levels. I haven't found an exact correlation between my INR levels and the episodes. It is also entirely possible that they are being caused by something else too. I've mentioned the numbness and cramping to my cardio's nurse, and she has said that Coumadin affects people differently. Maybe it does impact what happens. Wish I had more of a concrete answer for you.

Tom

pellicle;n865273 said:
Hi

sorry to hear you're not doing well ... I don't have any of the things you've mentioned, but I can say that the 3rd operation was tougher than the second. I'm of the view that a 4th will be as bad as my sugeon has suggestes, so with any luck I won't need onw.

what's your general health and activity like aside from what you've mentioned?

i tried exercising for a while to get my heart muscle stronger but i wasn't feeling that well with heart rhythm so i stopped

all else is fine

extraordinary;n865347 said:
i tried exercising for a while to get my heart muscle stronger but i wasn't feeling that well with heart rhythm so i stopped

were you carefully keeping within HR limits?

i had this watch to monitor HR once i've noticed after finishing the exercise that it get as high as 210
I'll try to resume walking on my treadmill soon and see how it goes ..

RTZdad;n865294 said:
I get numbness in my hands and legs at times. I have also been the recipient of really bad leg cramps at times. I see quite prone to getting cramps in my rib area too. I never experienced the same symptoms before my surgery, so I assume they might be related. They aren't life altering or anything, just more of an annoyance. I've tried to keep track of the symptoms as they relate to my Coumadin levels. I haven't found an exact correlation between my INR levels and the episodes. It is also entirely possible that they are being caused by something else too. I've mentioned the numbness and cramping to my cardio's nurse, and she has said that Coumadin affects people differently. Maybe it does impact what happens. Wish I had more of a concrete answer for you.

Tom

yeah i've been thinking lately could it me that I'm allergic to warfarin ! but this ain't the sign of allergy i just don't know ... it gets to the point where i wished i never had the surgery as i feel worse than before .. :/ like i fixed ONE thing but missed a whole lot of other parts of my body :/

Latest posts

Back