2 year anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxximom

2 Years ago today I had my AVR and triple bypass. When I first posted here..like many of you I was in shock.. I never expected that I would ever need my Valve replaced and certainly didn't think it would be combined with a triple bypass. I was absolutly terrified. Given my age and other medical factors Diabetes and Obesity..I was sure that I would never make it through the surgery. Thanks to all of you here ..I quickly informed myself of some of the options opened to me and knowing that all of you had gone through similar or worse surgery that I was facing..gave me great hope and assurance.
After waiting in the surgery Pre-operative area for 8 hours on Setember 21 and having my surgery cancelled..instead of being angry.. I felt that I had a "reprive" for a few days:) My family was very upset..Not I!! I was joyous for some reason. The surgery was resheculed for the 25th and I was very calm considering the situation. The surgery went fine and other than a Pneumothorax, there were no complications and I went home in 6 days. The recovery was pretty staightforward and with the help of my wonderful Husband my children and some friends and neighbors we managed very well.We Celebrated out 50th anniversary on October 7th ,quietly 12 days folling the surgery:)
The last 2 years have flown by, we just moved into a new house a few weeks ago..downsizing considerably from the house that we built 3 years ago.. Allan and I did all the packing, unpacking and fixing up ourselves, and was pleased that I was able to handle the job with no problems..believe me this is a huge job to do at any age.:)
I just want to thank all of you out there for all of you help, when I needed it the most.. I really don't think that I would have made it over the mountain as easily as I did without all of you.
I know that I don't post to often..but that doesen't mean that I have forgotten you and I am here for anyone who in any way I can help.
With much love,
Joan
AVR, Triple Bypass, Toronto stentless Porcine Valve, Duke University Medical Center, Septemberb 25,2001,Dr Donald Glower

Hey Joan congratulations!

Please swing by more often and help us inspire these newcomers.

I'm happy to hear all is going pretty well with you. Lets make sure it continues to. :)

Hi Joan-

I remember it well, your surgery. It's so nice to hear how well things are going for you.

Big CONGRATULATIONS!

Hi Joan,

I'm glad to hear that the move went well and you are doing well yourself. You were so helpful to me when I needed it and I thank you a bunch. I hope you have many many more anniversaries in the years to come.

Back