2 1/2 mo checkup postop and LV diameter down

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afraidofsurgery

I had my first post-op echo after AVR w/ a mechanical valve, and my LV had already gone down 0.5 cm. Was 6.2, now is 5.7 at diastole. My heart is now officially in "normal" range. Oh yeah, and no leaks :D Woo woo! My cardio said it can take up to a year to see adjustment in a heart enlarged from chronic aortic regurg, but lo and behold, mine had already adjusted some.

On the more challenging side, I'm trying to negotiate reduced work week hours with my job so I have a bit more time to continue my exercise and responsibilities at home w/ my 6 year old daughter (single mom). They think I'm an alien and for some reason, they haven't been exposed to managers using a compressed workweek to balance home/work better. Keep all of your collective fingers crossed, I really need the break at work it's been nonstop since I returned from AVR surgery 6 weeks post-op, and I need the extra time to take care of myself better!

Happy Holidays everyone! I am so happy to have my new valve. When I am asked how I am, I tell everyone I'm glad to be alive!

Patty

Latest posts

Back