19th anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran another 5k today, 2nd place 60-69 AG. Times are beginning to come down. 29:11, 9:23 avg, today vs 29:22 two weeks ago, but I felt I could have done better. The first mile marker was missing so I had no feedback until mile 2 which was 19:04, 9:32 avg to that point and then was able to pick it up to a 9:12 pace in the final 1.1. I used to be very good at even pacing. It's a tough thing to get right, so I'll keep on trying.

http://picasaweb.google.com/SumoRunner/CastletonCloveRun2010#5507931460034245154

Jack, I know you are old school, but you need a Garmin, even in a race.....it gives you instant feedback on your pace...

Jack, Congratulations on your 19th Anniversary !!!! And importantly, it is always great to read about your current goals and achievements!
Allan

Ran a good 5K this morning, 28:52 (9:19 per mile) which was about 20 seconds faster than the last one a couple weeks ago. Actually better than that since I lost a lot of time in the crowd at the start of this one. It's still a minute slower than last year at this time but my times are improving with each race. Success feels great, but then you all already knew that, no?

Back