18 day post surgery update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi,
I am doing well, I have just been veggin' out for the last week or so and letting the world go by.
I tried to sleep in bed the first night (Christmas Eve) and lasted only a hour or so and ended up in the recliner since. I am going to try bed again tonight, I have been going quite a few hours with needing pain meds and have even been rolling onto my side somewhat.
I am still retaining about 10 pounds of fluid from the surgery and I hope that walking will help get the flow going, if you know what I mean. My cardiologist doubled my lasix to see if that would help.
We are still playing with my INR, it was 1.5 last Monday, so the doctor had me double up on the warfarin. The cardiologist uses an INRatio, so I got my first chance to see one in action. I am going to post a question over in Anti-Coagulation because the pharmacy refused to refill my warafin as it was too soon.
My cardiologist was funny when I saw him last week, he was being careful around the incision and listening to my heart. He looked up and asked if they had put a mechanical valve in, I guess the On-X is quiet enough that it fooled him a bit.

Back