1 week post-surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Adam

1 week post-surgery

Hello Everyone,

I'm back home and feeling great. My Ross procedure went, to quote the surgeon, "flawlessly". The worst part of the surgery for me was the 48 hours immediately following as I was extremely irritable and just wanted to be "left alone". Thankfully I "snapped out of that mindset" on the third day and became my usual wonderful self (ha ha). Finally I want to thank all of you again for the invaluable insights and encouragement, it made my whole surgical experience easier. I will write again later.

Sincerely,
Adam
Ross Procedure 8/22/02

Terrific news, Adam. Sounds as if you did extremely well. I hope the rest of your recovery is smooth as silk.

So glad to hear you are "back to your wonderful self". You probably know better than most, that a positve attitue is a large percentage of fighting any kind of battle.

We are happy for your "flawless" procedure and will continue to pull for you.

Thanks for posting.

You stirred my memory Adam and now that I think about it, I recall not wanting to have to talk with anyone for the first day or two following my first surgery ( CABG ). My 'caretaker' also told me I was a bit of a 'grouch' the first time around. My second surgery (AVR) was smoother in terms of mood.

Best wishes for a continued smooth recovery.

'AL'

Way to go Adam!

Way to go Adam!

Adam, I was so glad to hear you are doing great! I will be having the Ross in the near future(no date yet) and it is comforting to know you are fine and back to posting. How long did your surgery last? How long were you on the heart-lung machine? I am trying to get as much info. from everyone that I can. Well, rest often and God bless. Paula

Great News Adam

Great News Adam

thanks for letting us know how it went ...so glad all is well and things went smoothly . Now you need to rest up and do as the Drs advise ...wishing you best wishes for a continued speedy and full recovery.
Scottie

Great News

Great News

Adam,

It is a relief to come out on the other side, isn't it?

Glad to hear things went well for you. I'm two days ahead of you with an AVR and feeling better all the time.

Take Care

You sound great

You sound great

Adam..:) Remember everything you read on valvereplacement.com on post-surgery....You will have good days and bad:( days..Ups:) and downs:mad: Valve surgery is a slow and steady recovery...You may have NO pain and 2 months later..Pain in a shoulder, ect..this is all common. I still have some light pain..should have stayed off that Boogie Board in the ocean last week:D :D :D I am 5 months post..Post often if you need anything..Bonnie

Congrats Adam and welcome to the RP club.
Now get out there and take a walk!

-Mara

Latest posts

Back