Not good news!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heard from Edmonton secretary to go ahead with my meds and im being
reasigned for whenever.apologies she can only spend 2 hours a day with
my surgeon,who got hit by a car and his leg has 3 breaks,her phone is loaded
and shes having difficult time keeping up,doesnot know when i will be reasigned or what date or what Dr i will have,she didnt even know my surgery was 8am tomorrow as her heads spinning off. so dought she will even reasign me at all,in my opinion. and ive made a new post under anticoagulation as we are having difficulty restarting me back to warfarin my
Family Doc says he has no idea how to get me back without a major bleed:eek:

BOY OH BOY HERE WE GO.

zipper2 (DEB)

Deb -

Did you get a Lovenox shot?

If not, DO SO IMMEDIATELY, even if it means going to the ER.

The Lovenox will protect you so there is NO NEED to use a "Loading Dose" (which is probably what your PCP was hinting at about causing a Bleed). Just continue the PROPER DOSE of Lovenox, Twice a Day, until your INR comes back into range taking your NORMAL dose every day. You will need to be shown how to 'self-inject' and the dose will need to be correlated with your weight. Your PCP or Coumadin Clinic Manager should be able to do this. Maybe even a Pharmacist who has been certified to do anticoagulation management.

Does your Cardiologist have someone 'on-call' for him in his absense? If not, maybe the ER Doc can arrange for your instruction and prescription.

'AL Capshaw'

Deb -

Did you get a Lovenox shot?

If not, DO SO IMMEDIATELY, even if it means going to the ER.

The Lovenox will protect you so there is NO NEED to use a "Loading Dose" (which is probably what your PCP was hinting at about causing a Bleed). Just continue the PROPER DOSE of Lovenox, Twice a Day, until your INR comes back into range taking your NORMAL dose every day. You will need to be shown how to 'self-inject' and the dose will need to be correlated with your weight. Your PCP or Coumadin Clinic Manager should be able to do this. Maybe even a Pharmacist who has been certified to do anticoagulation management.

Does your Cardiologist have someone 'on-call' for him in his absense? If not, maybe the ER Doc can arrange for your instruction and prescription.

'AL Capshaw'

Al,thanks so much for your info and yes i did get my 1st shot at emergency along with percription at 9 tonight,it was overly busy at emerge
They weighed me for proper dosage and gave me 6omiligrams,i do my own dose at 9am tomorrow,shouldn't have a problem,that kinda stuff doesn't bother me,and gave lotsa injections with meds at mhealth last job i worked for years, I won't tell you what happened after i left emerge,tonight,you have to ask Freddie,she knows;) but don't tell Ross:p cus it's not my
battery.....HONEST IT ISN"T:D
K al yep i got extra lovenox along with proper spelling now too,gotta check to see when it expires though,so put it away for another stressful week:eek: like
i,ve witnessed. The cost was normal for the insurance hubbys got and that i was happy with, the 1st at emergency cost me nothing of course,the perscription came to almost 60.00 for my 2 days use and my put away for
rainy day.Thanks sooo much again,for the assistance.

zipper2 (DEB)

Have you started back on your Normal Dose of Coumadin / Warfarin?

Coumadin and Lovenox work on 2 different parts of the coagulation process and do not 'interfere' with each other.

Once you start back on Coumadin, then test your INR in 3 or 4 days to see where you are. Once your INR is back in your prescribed range, you can discontinue the Lovenox.

Next time, it won't bother you so much, you'll be 'experienced'! :)

Best Wishes,

'AL Capshaw'

Hi, Debbie! Just did the "bridge" after my Plavix and aspirin snafu, and the Lovenox took good care of me. I keep (still dated, not expired) syringes of whatever dosages I've had on hand for something just like this - I also make sure the prescrip at the pharmacy is always there in case I need to fill it all of a sudden.

Your Coumadin levels will sort out (I'm in the 2nd week of getting them back on track) and your Lovenox will pretty much guarantee all is well. DIdn't like the tummy shots but it was great knowing risk was so low while I was taking them.

All my best. I get in the thick of something like you're facing and I want to yell, "Are we havin' FUN YET?" :rolleyes:

You're going to be okay sooner than later, is my wish for you. :)

Have you started back on your Normal Dose of Coumadin / Warfarin?

Coumadin and Lovenox work on 2 different parts of the coagulation process and do not 'interfere' with each other.

Once you start back on Coumadin, then test your INR in 3 or 4 days to see where you are. Once your INR is back in your prescribed range, you can discontinue the Lovenox.

Next time, it won't bother you so much, you'll be 'experienced'! :)

Best Wishes,

'AL Capshaw'

YES I TOOK YESTERDAYS 7MG OF WARFARIN CAN I RAISE IT EXTRA 3 TODAY LIKE NOW AND TAKE 7 AT 5 PM TO MAKE TOTAL 10 MG TODAY???

dR REQUESTED TO DO THIS :confused:

ZIPPER2 (DEB0

I just answered your question in your other thread.

Bottom Line:

The NEW thinking is to NOT take an extra "loading dose" of Coumadin, but to continue your Normal Dose of Coumadin until your INR is back in range. Then you can discontinue the Lovenox injections (which I hope you are doing every 12 hours). It may take an extra day or so to reach your target level, but it will PREVENT Overshooting and the subsequent Rollercoaster Ride in INR that can result from the extra 'loading dose'.

'AL Capshaw'

Back