Not good news!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

ATIVAN TIME GUYS!!!!!!

My surgeon fell 2 hrs ago and has broke his leg severly:eek:

Will as of this minute according to secretary's call he is

gonna be off work 10 weeks she is rescheduling quickly

and is going to discuss my surgery Thursday for another

Doctor or see if it can wait 10 weeks and ordered me to stay

off the warfarin till she calls me back this

afternoon with instructions:eek::eek::eek:

DO I HAVE A BLACK CLOUD OR IS IT SNOWING??????

I'll update when i know more.

zipper2 (DEB)

OMG NO

This can't be happening, I'm totally shocked!

Sure hope this secretary can find another doctor for you Deb; I can't see you waiting another 10 weeks plus.
Talk about being dumbfounded.

Tell the surgeon that you will be breaking his other leg if he messes this up for you!
No.....Seriously, I'm very sorry to hear about all of this.
I hope his leg mends well and I hope there is another solution for your OHS.....

Maybe it will still all work out. Try to take a deep breath and relax. I know; easier said than done, but you really have no other good options.:(

After the initial shock of reading your post I came back to my belief that sometimes these things happen for our benefit even though the reason may never be known by us. I'll pray that that is the case for you. I'm not so sure how your surgeon would view my outlook though.;) I'm staying tuned in for the next episode. God Bless you Deb.

Deb,

It is better that he broke his leg before the surgery rather than slipping and breaking it during the surgery!! As Betty said, let's hope this is for the better...and as Mary said, take a deep breath.

I am so sorry for this to happen, Deb, and let's hope it is in anyway for your own good.

Hugs and prayers,

OK, I'm bringing out the big guns (rosary beads). I am praying that they find a surgeon who has tons of experience and will provide you with the best surgical knowledge he has. Remember, when God closes a door in our face, we can find a window that he left open. God Bless You..

Okay, that is one of the most awful setbacks I've ever heard of !! for both of you!! Praying he will make a full recovery and that you will continue on this path as soon as possible.

Me, too, wondering if somehow (and who can really tell, but best "spin" possible here!) that this might be for the best *just* for now and whatever was meant to be is working itself out? this is called "life according to fran," lol, not anything ironclad!

I'm so sorry.

High anxiety for you, and I pray you will be able to rest and regroup.

I'd be asking that nurse to be calling in MANY refills of your ativan Rx.

I feel so bad to hear this and pray for you there is a brilliant surgeon, totally experienced whose patient caught a cold and he's looking for someone to operate on. Please know my heart goes out to you.

you know what? when you tell your story ten years from now, nobody is going to believe it! If we didn't know you, we might not, either. I hope you ate black eyed peas and turnip greens on New Year's Day. This is just head-scratching. But you know we are all still here and when you get another date, we'll be right there with you.

I am so sorry i,m handing out so much post shock

I feel like i'm in a dream and i will wake up,soon

keep pinching myself,but this is really happing.

secretary called back to aquire my inr,so gave her this

mornings and she is under herendous stress trying to get

everything setup,however my surgeon was hit by a car

as i inquired,and his leg broke in 3 places.

she has alot of people to call yet for his 10 weeks off and

i am to get a call back by 11pm my time on answers regarding

i am still off warfarin and awaiting surgery.If they find another

Doc,then may be rescheduled unless continues as a go ahead

for thursday. Update again as i learn more info:(

zipper2 (DEB)

OMG, so sorry to hear this. A very similar thing happened with my son. He was already in the hospital when one of his surgeons said that he was going to have MINOR knee surgery the day before my son's surgery, but that he would be fine for the surgery. They ended up delaying my son's surgery for 3 or 4 days but made us stay in the hospital! I actually encouraged the delay because I knew how much pain the surgeon was in and didn't want him at all distracted.

Hopefully, this will work out even better for you.

Deb-

All of the surgeons who do this are experts at it or they wouldn't last long. I am sure things will work out for the best for you.

Deb -

Sorry to hear that this has happened. I'm with a lot of others who would believe this may have happened for a reason...however, it's a shame that the doctor had to be hit by a car and you to be temporarily in limbo about next steps for that reason to come to fruition. I'll be sending thoughts and prayers your way that this gets resolved very very quickly. Hang in there!

Mike

WOW, when I read your post I could not believe it!! Unreal:eek: I am so sorry. They do say everything happens for a reason. I hope everything works out for you and as others have said a great surgeon is free to do your surgery. Prayers for you.

OMG !!!!!!! Talk about stupid accidents!

I'd be telling him to find a wheelchair and a low operating table, and get his *$$ in there and do it, broken log or not!!!!!

Seriously though, how much more can you take?? I'd be shovelling the ativan in there with a front-end loader by now ..... It's not only you, but the hubby and your mother and everyone else, you've got a whole team standing by, it'll take you the rest of the week to postpone this !!!

I do hope your surgeon is OK, it would be awful if this were to evolve to the stage where he couldn't stand long enough to operate, and have to end his career, he must be feeling pretty bad at the moment too.

Back