Not good news!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aline to let you all know i,ve left 2 messages,and no call back

from Edmonton yet. I have left message with my family Dr to

call me regarding the warfarin and what i should do He will call me

back immediately ,my inr is at 1.2 and im feeling weak and funny.

i will post when i know more

zipper2 DEB

Aline to let you all know i,ve left 2 messages,and no call back

from Edmonton yet. I have left message with my family Dr to

call me regarding the warfarin and what i should do He will call me

back immediately ,my inr is at 1.2 and im feeling weak and funny.

i will post when i know more

zipper2 DEB

Keep calling them until you get an answer from someone. Make a real pain in the ass out of yourself. Seems like that's all they'll respond too.

I'm sorry you're having to wait. Do they not understand the importance of your issue and the fact that you're not taking your warfarin??

I,ve called again my tone is not nice and now my Family Dr is

calling but hes getting a machine too and i don't know what

else to do,she said ,she promised shed call me back last night

zipper2 (DEB)

Deb,
Hope you have heard something by now. If not, call the surgeons office, your cardiologist, and maybe remind your PCP, that your numbers are dropping. Call every 30 minutes if you have to. Ask who is taking responsiblity since now you are feel woozy and funny. God I am praying so hard for you....

Would anyone think it a good idea to visit an Emergency Dept and get a lovenox injection to keep you safe for the next 12 hours? Either that or simply appear in PCP office or cardio's. I'd be in my car and going to their office rather than wait for a call back in this emergent situation.

I would be seriously thinking about a bridging shot of some description, leave messages on cardio and surgeon's machine that says if you don't get back to me by such-and-such a time, I will be getting a shot. Not much they can do, and it will still take you about 4 or 6 hours to get there, right? So, by the time you get there and get prepped etc., the shot will pretty much have worn off, but in the meantime it will have certainly reduced your chances of stroking.

Oh Deb, I had such a smooth time of it, I can only begin to feel your pain. Hang in there girl, and you've got my number if you want to call . . . just remember the time difference!

On a lighter note, I was telling DH last night about your woes, and he said that I was NOT to ask you for your lucky charm !! Geeesh, from the time you went to Regina, it's been how long? 18 months ???

This is crazy! Your feelings, though physical, are probably due to stress. You can't really feel your blood "thickening" or clotting unless it is bad enough to cause a stroke or PE. Remember, a low INR for us is normal or even high to people without mechanical valves. Unfortunately, symptoms of a panic attack are similar to symptoms of a stroke or PE. I'd show up at an ER, if I were you. They can provide Valium and Lovenox and at this point, you probably have good reason for both.

I would be seriously thinking about a bridging shot of some description, leave messages on cardio and surgeon's machine that says if you don't get back to me by such-and-such a time, I will be getting a shot. Not much they can do, and it will still take you about 4 or 6 hours to get there, right? So, by the time you get there and get prepped etc., the shot will pretty much have worn off, but in the meantime it will have certainly reduced your chances of stroking.

Oh Deb, I had such a smooth time of it, I can only begin to feel your pain. Hang in there girl, and you've got my number if you want to call . . . just remember the time difference!

On a lighter note, I was telling DH last night about your woes, and he said that I was NOT to ask you for your lucky charm !! Geeesh, from the time you went to Regina, it's been how long? 18 months ???

well message after message i've left every 10 min er phone is likely full

my doc heres left message through secretarys doing so from here
i will be heading to emerg for a shot at 4 and ive left that message for edmonton both surgeons and cardios office and no call backs,im hanging in what else can i do,hubby is losing it hes left some untidy messages and is telling me me its not gonna happen tomorrow even if they find someone to
cover the surgeon for surgery,this is why i'm stalling the lovenox till 4

don't know you guys what else to do,i really dont and my doc heres panicking
and hes soon gonna need valium too.....what a mess everything has come to
im not sure if i should go for lovenex shot and pick up extra or not but my doc and i will talk again at 330

zipper2 (DEB)

Deb,I can't imagine going through what is happening to you now. I would take every one's advise on here and get bridged. It appears that the surgeon's office must be perplexed about what to do with his patients,so they are doing nothing. I know he can't help breaking his leg, but they should be more on the ball.

I hope you get everything sorted. I'm very sorry you have to go through this.

Kim

Dear, dear Deb.

Please ask your PCP to contact Dennis Modry directly. I admire your strength and I think I'd have been doing self-referrals months ago. Beg, lie or threaten, just get their attention.

LOL. Borrow one of the Battleford Detachment's tasers and head to Edmonton.

I hope you hear something positive soon.

(p.s I'm inclined to believe you're delayed so that I can be in Edmonton for two purposes next week and one of them is to see you.)

Take Heart,
Pamela

Hope you have left to get a lovenex shot......hope you bring home extras.

and watch.........the doctor will call while your gone.

Keep the faith Deb we're all here praying for the best for you.

bad news

bad news

I'm new to the forum and can't beleive what you've been going through the past day. My surgery is scheduled for Jan 23, and is limbo as well since I have chest congestion. My family doctor thinks they'll postpone the surgery if I don't have it cleared up by my hospital visit next wed. The waiting and unknown is so stressful. I feel for you, to be so close and to have this complication. My thoughts are with you.:)

This is an amazing site. Just reading other postings has helped calm my nerves.

If you haven't heard yet - call your PCP and ask for bridging. IMHO - if it's past office hours - call his service. I think it's that important.

If you haven't heard yet - call your PCP and ask for bridging. IMHO - if it's past office hours - call his service. I think it's that important.

Just heard from Edmonton secretary to go ahead with my meds and im being
reasigned for whenever.apologies she can only spend 2 hours a day with
my surgeon,who got hit by a car and his leg has 3 breaks,her phone is loaded
and shes having difficult time keeping up,doesnot know when i will be reasigned or what date or what Dr i will have,she didnt even know my surgery was 8am tomorrow as her heads spinning off. so dought she will even reasign me at all,in my opinion. and ive made a new post under anticoagulation as we are having difficulty restarting me back to warfarin my
Family Doc says he has no idea how to get me back without a major bleed:eek:

BOY OH BOY HERE WE GO.

zipper2 (DEB)

Back