My Son Chris

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to let Lyn get a couple hours sleep, but he needs us up there now. He is in extreme pain, as anyone would be if they were drilled, pinned, screwed, and plated. He says he can't do this one alone. I can't move without a ride and someone to wheelchair me around once there. I'll wake Lyn up in about 2 hours. She worked a 16 hour shift and is exhausted.

This is a time when I wish we had a large family around. People could take turns visiting. We just don't have that kind of family. It's basically his brothers, mom and dad and his aunt. Brothers are tied up this weekend because one has to be out of his apartment by weeks end and the other is helping him move. If any of you would like to be adopted and go visit, I'm more then welcoming you. ;)

hi ross,
we all wish we could do more...
it's great to hear that the surgeon was able to help the foot. now we'll just pray that chris recovers smoothly.
still in our thoughts and prayers.
-sylvia

We all wish we could help share your burden with more than just words, Ross. Sending you all our prayers and hope you find things improving when you get there.

Ross, that is a good surgical report. The exposed bone is definitely an area to be watched for infection but knowing it is there and taking precautions can really reduce that risk.

You and yours are in my heart and prayers and am hoping just the right person(s) appear to extend your small family a little. Do let Lyn get that needed rest. Lovingly watching over her during this time is an excellent quality in a husband!

Wishing I could

Wishing I could

Ross, Sorry I'm just a virtual brother here. Try to get the docs to give him more effective pain meds. I would think they'd have him on morphine for something like that. I know addiction is an issue, but they can usually do much better.People shouldn't be in a lot of pain in the hospital if it's avoidable. The only other thing I'd suggest is acupuncture, but you probably don't have that in midwestern hospitals! You might ask anyway. If the doc ordered it you could bring someone in, and bill the insurance co.that ends up handling the case. Don't forget to take care of yourself. Brian

Ross,

You know I would be up there in a minute if I was not confined to bed. It seems like conflict is prevalent right now. I am so sorry for Chris and you guys since you all have so much going on. I truly wish I were able to hop in the car and come to help.

Ross, at many hospitals there are patient advocates who work with patients who have limited family or family that cannot visit as often as they need. I know for a fact that they can spend some time with the patient and can help tremendously. Why not ask about whether Chris's hospital has someone like that. It would relieve you and give him someone to look over him while you are not available.

Your circumstances certainly warrant this service.

How about a card?

How about a card?

Ross,

Would your son appreciate a card? It might help knowing there are so many people who care about his recovery and the well being of his family. Or would he think it was wierd getting mail from a stranger?

If you think he would send me his address.

Ross my Friend,

Life has not been fair to you lately. There has been a dark cloud hanging over you. Let's get rid of those clouds and bring on the sun.Things will get better any moment now.

39326308_5c3ca2224f.jpg

Rain said:
Ross,

Would your son appreciate a card? It might help knowing there are so many people who care about his recovery and the well being of his family. Or would he think it was wierd getting mail from a stranger?

If you think he would send me his address.
Rain right now he's not to appreciative of anything, but when the pain subsides some, I'm sure he would. If your going to send one, send it to my address as we don't know for sure just how long he'll be in the hospital.

Thank you!

Lyn and I spent 6 hours up with him. We got to meet the Doctor, discuss what had been done, saw before and after xrays. This kids foot looks like the beginnings of a new hospital foundation. Screws, brackets, pins everywhere. Now for the really funny part, the missing chunk of bone turns out, wasn't missing, but had turned 180 degrees lengthwise and then 90 degrees widthwise and pressed through other bones. Dr. Alexander has it all lined up now and said there was very little bone missing. Don't ask how it got that way. We are all scratching our heads trying to figure it out, but it was driven through the ankle and a piece of it was sticking out which caused a skin blister. I saw the foot for the first time uncovered. It's a mangled mess. The Doctor said he's done over 300 of these ankles and has not seen one this bad. It's still a 50/50 wait and see thing, but so far, it's coming along as fine as things go. Just have to keep it from getting infected. This is going to be the hard part.

ross..
I am glad that you and Lyn got to go and meet with the docs .. that must give you some reassurance.
Amazing how the body can get mangled and twisted..
Honestly if I was close to you.. I would go visit him daily... I love to visit people in the hospital.. and make them smile:)
I will keep praying for his healing.. and for your entire family!
thanks for the updates.

Ross, I'm sure you and Lynn can't help but feel better about things since you got to spend so much time with Chris and get such a detailed report from the doctor. So glad that they found the missing bone and I hope that bodes well for his complete recovery. Still keeping you all in our prayers. Thanks for the update- you both must be exhausted!

Don't get me wrong people. This foot is in real bad shape, but the bones are rock solid and lined up properly. He's still got one hell of an open wound. It's hard to believe that it will heal if you see it right now. Big old chunk missing from the bottom and side of the foot. It's packed with gauze right now. We watched the unpacking and repacking of it tonight. Lyn nearly didn't make it and had to leave the area. Now silly me, I'm standing there with this yucky looking face, watching the surgeon withdraw about 3 yards of gauze.

It's a start, Ross. Days ago, you didn't know if you could get anyone to seriously look at it, much less operate. The surgeon has plainly taken this to heart and done his best for your son. That he could even line up the bones again is a very hopeful thing.

You and your family are in my thoughts, Ross.

Very best wishes,

It does sound like things are guardedly hopeful. And it sounds like Chris had a great surgeon.

Your last several posts have by far sounded the most promising of any since this ordeal began. He obviously has a long road to recovery, but fortunately he's young. Best wishes.

Ross said:
If any of you would like to be adopted and go visit, I'm more then welcoming you. ;)

Aye ... you know I'd love to do just this for ya. Another reason why I wish I lived closer ... then again, I wish I lived closer to all of my friends which is impossible :(.

Thoughts/prayers continuing, of course.

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"I can?t take anymore" ... 3rd Eye Blind ... 'How's It Going To Be'

Back