My Son Chris

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Home Chris!!!!

Welcome Home Chris!!!!

Here's wishing nothing but the best for you....I know how your feeling there bud, with the pain and all, and I hope that all gets better for you asap!!!! Take Care There Buddy....Harrybaby:D :D :D :D

I can tell now, that this is not going to be an easy project. I've got to break him of his command the slaves habit and somehow get him to stop complaining about everything.

Funny part-Home Health Care Nurse called and started in on me about the bill. Now it seems to me that if they had called the attorney like they said they were doing the day before yesterday, I wouldn't be getting asked these questions. I know right now, that they never called him. One whole day wasted!

I am sad for you that this ENTIRE situation could be a case study of incompetence of the health care and legal systems!!!! My goodness....

I can't imagine what Chris has gone through, and has yet to face - however, I wish that he could somehow realize how much his attitude and the support of others bear on his recovery. (from my screen to God's ears eh?!;) )

I wish you luck, health, and patience (maybe valium:D )

Ross -

Remind him he should treat you the way he would want to be treated -- the Golden Rule. And remember that old adage about how someone was depressed that they had no shoes until they met a man who had no feet -- things aren't always as bad as they look; although that adage could be a little too close to home in this case.

But he's so young and evidently passionate like his daddy and he's having a hard dose of how a lot of things in the system don't work as they theoretically should... that, and the pain, and the pain meds, and heaps upon heaps of seemingly endless frustrations...

But he needs to remember you are not the enemy.

Remind him that every good and kind and patient thing that he does, and every time that he controls himself when he wants to holler about something, will give him some Control of the Situation. And he will disallow this awful situation to control him. He won't allow that hoodlum to control his reaction to this horrible series of circumstances. Then he won't be that guy's victim; he'll be a Survivor.

This is all stuff that you know and all stuff that others have already posted, I'm sure.

But I'm really feeling for your situation. I really hope that things get better and soon. Ten years ago when my son was in a terrible freak accident, the insurance companies involved were AWFUL! And I won't even go into how many lousy doctors we were referred to. I finally had to get the California Department of Corporations involved (it was comparable to calling a state's Insurance Commissioner) and I got to talk to a wonderful and compassionate attorney in their legal department who made some calls and got the insurance to approve some things and take care of some bills that I'd been fighting with them over for months. It was such a relief to have some help from some intelligent and sane, caring person with authority, after months of dealing with nonsensical stalemates.

Oh this is fun and funny-I'm getting second notices of nonpayment and threats to do terrible things to his credit. The kid owns nothing, has nothing, and isn't eligible for anything, so what are they going to do? It's all in the attorneys hands and they'll just have to wait whether they want too or not.

Do not let the stress monkey climb up on your back about these business matters. Take it one day at a time....like you have been.

Chris is still scared. You know this. So his fear makes him angry and his anger makes him bossy. Quell the fear and uncertainty and he'll turn himself around. He'll be much better after a few days/weeks of family TLC.

Hang in there. Best wishes to you all!

Marguerite

Ross said:
Oh this is fun and funny-I'm getting second notices of nonpayment and threats to do terrible things to his credit. The kid owns nothing, has nothing, and isn't eligible for anything, so what are they going to do? It's all in the attorneys hands and they'll just have to wait whether they want too or not.

Can't squeeze blood from a turnip!!
Better Chris have his foot and lose his credit - it isn't right, or fair, and I hope that it is resolved eventually so that the appropriate person bear the accountability. But, let the chips fall - worry about the money later, his health is way more important. Just answer the phone "Chris who?:confused: "

Ross,
Glad to hear you have come to some break in this awful episode. Get some rest and take care of yourself. I have a 21 year old son, who is healthy and is chomping at the bit to get himself in serious debt. We're trying to hold him back, but in the end it is his problem. Why am I telling you that? Because in the end it will be Chris' financial problem and he is at a much better place in life to ultimately solve this. By that I mean, he's very young and will ultimately heal. You, however, are not very young (sorry):eek: and you need to take care of your health. We all want you around here for a very long time. I'm sure your wife does too.
You, Lyn and Chris are in my thoughts and prayers.
Barbara

Ross
Maybe you want to consider sending a note to the billing company saying something like "your letter in reference to......has been referred to my attorney for handling" and send the letters to the attorney.
That way Chris is not "ignoring" the letters and it may stop any comments be sent to his credit records. and the attorney will know what is going on.

maka said:
Ross
Maybe you want to consider sending a note to the billing company saying something like "your letter in reference to......has been referred to my attorney for handling" and send the letters to the attorney.
That way Chris is not "ignoring" the letters and it may stop any comments be sent to his credit records. and the attorney will know what is going on.
Well I was hoping the attorney would do that for us, but it appears I'll have to do it myself. I'm tired of spending my days on the phone trying to resolve issues when I'm not being paid for it, if you know what I mean.

Ross said:
This is rediculous! Chris has barely gotten out of the hospital and they're hounding about payment?? :rolleyes:

I suggest having the lawyer put together letters to the billing companies that say "All further contact should be made thorugh me." I finally got a lawyer to do that with my horrible situation and I haven't had a hounding phone call sense. Not sure if they gave up or if he's actually getting the calls... I guess I should give him a call and find out. ;)

My prayers continue for Chris, you, and Lyn. You've sure been through the wringer. Hope Chris starts acting human again soon.

***edited to say: Oops... I hadn't read through all the replies before I posted. Looks like this topic has been covered.

Still following the story and thinking of you.

Has Chris applied for SSI? Seems that he ought to qualify as he'll have been laid up for at least 6 mos. before all is said and done.

I think you need to enlist one of his sibs to come in and lay the law down to Chris. Your health (and Lyn's) cannot be jeopardized by a bad patient even if it is your son. He currently has few options and needs to understand this. Siblings usually don't have a problem issuing ultimata to siblings the way parents do.

I hope he's on an anti-depressant.

Hate to have to keep telling you to hang in there, but there it is. Sending prayers & good thoughts.

Well I was hoping the attorney would do that for us, but it appears I'll have to do it myself. I'm tired of spending my days on the phone trying to resolve issues when I'm not being paid for it, if you know what I mean.

I now this must be very frustrating for you but the attorney may not be getting the collection letters and in any case, I found from personal experience you need to be on top of the attorneys also. As I mentioned, a response letter to the collection agency may stop them placing any derrogatory note in Chris' credit report. I would just say in the letter "that all future correspondence regarding this matter be forwarded to ............name and address of attorney..... Then copy agency letters and your replies and send a request to the attorney to look into the matter . Ask him to send you a copy of his correspondence with collection agencies. Keep everything in a file. You may need the information in the future to prove that Chris is not trying to avoid responsibilty

Latest posts

Back