Qas experience anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDMc

I was finally told that they would be my service provider through CIGNA. I tried to call them 3 times to get information, and was only able to reach a human once through their menu. He then tried to transfer the call and lost it.:mad:

Hope this helps..

Hope this helps..

For quick and efficient results: I downloaded the Patient Information Sheet from QAS website, filled it out and faxed it to Brandi at 407-902-2780 and she took it from there. Several of us on here went through Brandi and she gets the job done..!!

Here's the form: http://www.qualityassuredservices.com/docs/forms/roche_rxlmn.pdf

And here's her contact information:
Brandi L. Thrailkill
Quality Assured Service, Inc.
Customer Service/Special Accounts
70 South Keller Road
Orlando, FL 32810
1.800.298.4515 ext: 2823
407.902.2780 - fax
[email protected]

Gosh, I'm sorry to hear that Brian because I have had wonderful customer service with QAS. In fact, I just called them last week & they were so gracious & helpful to me & my problem got resolved.

I will PM you the number that I call to contact them & see if that will help you.

I've always got superior service from QAS. I use which ever customer service number I find. I called them once after hours. First got an answering service but in a few minutes a QAS person called me from their home.

I went through Olen to get all setup but he's a Sale's Rep. at 321.460.1325. I was Medicare approved within a week.

I used QAS both times I tried to get a home tester, and the first time I was taken aback with how bad/frustrating the customer service was, but I did have a much better experience the second time around.

Qas

Qas

I did okay with QAS for the purchase of my INRatio monitor. I had to take the route of buying it and fighting with my insurance company for reimbursment.

I used to purchase test strips from them before I realized I could get a better deal elsewhere.

-Philip

My experience so far hasn't been good. My carrier is also cigna. I submitted my paperwork more than two months ago and if I didn't keep calling I would never get my machine. The first time the insurance company wanted a diagnosis. That was faxed on october 15th. Still haven't heard anything. I called the insurance company and their medical durable supplier that supplies QAS and called QAS yesterday. Was on the phone for nearly two hours. Gentiva (cigna durable medical supplies people) say they have no record of me from QAS so I called QAS back and told them to call Gentiva and it could be done in 10 minutes over the phone. All I got from the person I talked to was that they had to forward the information to their insurance department. If I get my machine by the end of the year it won't cost me a dime according to my insurance company. I told QAS that yesterday too. I am starting to get completely frustrated at this point. If I wasn't being a squeaky wheel (as they say) I would probably still be waiting next year. Just my experience. Certainly hope yours turns out better.

Thank you all. I will likely try to contact them using some of your information. I am trying to work out buying my current machine from Philips, and will do so as long as I can get do it in January so that it goes to my annual deductable. Hope we all have better luck with QAS in the future. Thanks again for the help. Your valve brother, Brian

BDMc,
My cardiologist's office was the one who faxed the form to QAS over a week ago. His office supplied my diagnosis and all pertinent info. The rep that was in their office just recently had said the process is pretty quick. I checked with my Dr's nurse today, and she called them for me. They said it will be two weeks or so before they can contact my insurance to check on benefits and how much I will owe. I called my insurance-Mercy Health Plans-they don't have any record of anything from QAS yet. Have any of had your Dr's office start the process and if so, how long did it take?

It sounds like there are mixed reviews about QAS.

I downloaded the forums from QAS, filled out my cartlogist forum ( names, addresses, how often to test, etc., all but the diagnoses and his signature). Hand carried the forum to his office . It was faxed from his office that day. I completed my forum and faxed it that day to QAS. QAS notified me within a week that I had been Medicare/Blue Cross approved.

Thank you all. I will likely try to contact them using some of your information. I am trying to work out buying my current machine from Philips, and will do so as long as I can get do it in January so that it goes to my annual deductable. Hope we all have better luck with QAS in the future. Thanks again for the help. Your valve brother, Brian

Brian, I contacted QAS through VR.Com....sent them an email and they answered me very quickly. I highly recommend QAS.

I tried to get my machine from Phillips, but unfortunately, Phillips would rent the machine to me and I have to rent it every years!!!! which is a lot of money to pay, compared to the price of the machine.

Good luck...keep us informed.

Brian, I contacted QAS through VR.Com....sent them an email and they answered me very quickly. I highly recommend QAS.

I tried to get my machine from Phillips, but unfortunately, Phillips would rent the machine to me and I have to rent it every years!!!! which is a lot of money to pay, compared to the price of the machine.

Good luck...keep us informed.

Eva:

Not sure I understand your answer. How many years would you have to rent it???

For those of you who have rented your machines (not through Medicare):
Have you reached a point that your insurance company is willing to purchase the machine for you (less your co-pay)?

We went through this with my husband's latest CPAP machine. He had rented his first one through a previous insurer, changed carriers and had to start all over. After X months, his carrier decided he truly needed the machine and offered to buy it, less his co-pay.
I've often wondered if that purchase price was for a used or new machine.

Eva:

Not sure I understand your answer. How many years would you have to rent it???

For those of you who have rented your machines (not through Medicare):
Have you reached a point that your insurance company is willing to purchase the machine for you (less your co-pay)?

We went through this with my husband's latest CPAP machine. He had rented his first one through a previous insurer, changed carriers and had to start all over. After X months, his carrier decided he truly needed the machine and offered to buy it, less his co-pay.
I've often wondered if that purchase price was for a used or new machine.

When I tried to get my machine my Ins co would only do the rental thing with Phillips (Raytel at the time) Phillips gets $140 per month (they bill it at $280) and I don't pay a thing - just let them know when I need supplies (strips & prickers) This has been going on for over 3.5 years = over $5600. I've tried to explain the foolishness of this to the Ins co but can't seem to get through to them. Anyone wonder why our health care costs so much?

When I tried to get my machine my Ins co would only do the rental thing with Phillips (Raytel at the time) Phillips gets $140 per month (they bill it at $280) and I don't pay a thing - just let them know when I need supplies (strips & prickers) This has been going on for over 3.5 years = over $5600. I've tried to explain the foolishness of this to the Ins co but can't seem to get through to them. Anyone wonder why our health care costs so much?

That's ludicrous!!!!!!

Just to update this thread, I waited a few months for things to settle down at QAS. I think I tried contacting by email through both QAS, and Tapestry web sites. I got responses from both, and felt encouraged. I filled out Tapestry forms and sent them to Tapestry, with request that they be forwarded to QAS as well. Got a call from a woman at QAS saying they didn't get the Physician form from my PCP, but had called his office to have it resent. Over the next few days, I received two more letters, and Patient Info forms from QAS. This alarmed me. I waited about a week, and called my contacts at QAS looking for reassurance. I got their voicemail, and left messages as to what happened and how I felt. I also emailed my contact at Tapestry. She replied with an apology, but no response from QAS. Today is March 24, 2010. Where are you QAS?

Where are you QAS?

I also am having problems with QAS/Tapestry concerning their lack of responding to several issues concerning billing (really the lack of billing me) as well as other insurance issues and issues with supplying strips properly (they have sent me enough unsolicitated orders for strips to last till spring 2011 and were about to send me more until I was able to stop that shipment). It seems that the "right hand has no idea of what the left hand is doing" and the lack of their followup is intolerable. I have started a log of my conversations, or lack of response, with QAS. I stopped using the service a few weeks ago until I get some answers. If I continue to get no response, or a "lip service" response, I am ready to send the monitor back and forget home testing.

Ross, thanks for the name at QAS. I am also going to contact him to see if he can help with my QAS issues. I just called and left message for Mr. Visnich to call me.

Last edited:
I will email Lance tonight. He may have been layed off/fired. I tried to call the president of the company, or CEO, and was told those people were no longer there. I can't believe that none of the people I have contacted would return my calls/emails. Once you complain they must throw out your file.

Latest posts

Back