Qas experience anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did talk with Lance by phone this afternoon. He is no longer in the "home testing" operation. He now works with medical offices and doctors. I explained my frustrations and he told me he would personally find someone to help. I've got my fingers crossed.

I just tried to email Lance, and it bounced. I sent a desperate plea to Brady Thrailkill, but since her last attempt failed, I am not optimistic. I think I will copy all my corespondence with QAS to CIGNA with a complaint asking them to take on Philips Raytel. I will try calling Lance tomorrow, but I honestly don't see how a company could have such completely incompetent people. Nobody ever calls me back with an excuse, or explanation. They had systems before, and now they can't use them?

Brian, I had almost the same problems with Raytel that I am having with QAS. Yesterday, I did talk with Lance V. and he did what he said he would do.....HOOORAY for Lance. I got a call thirty minutes ago from Larry Wagner (x1319),a QAS financial manager, assuring me that the billing scew up was now resolved. Hopefully, my problem will now be resolve. Unfortunately, I am not sure that other companies are any better.

THANK YOU ROSS! It turned out my email did get to Lance, and by the time I checked mine today, he had sent me two! While I was replying to him, I got a call from "Veronica" at QAS. Lance had given her my number, and asked her to call me. It sounds like I should start receiving supplies in about 2 weeks. They have to get "prior authorization" from CIGNA, and then they can send me my supplies. Lance is an example of a real professional, and I really appreciate his following through so quickly. My thanks to Hank too, as without this site, not only would I never have gotten in touch with the one person at QAS willing to help, but I would not be home testing. Brian PS: Dick, I sure hope he can help you too. Sounds like a nightmare.

It's a shame that we've had to part ways with QAS. Lance is the only remaining original family member there. Everyone else is gone.

Brian call and ask for Lance Visnich. He'll get you to the right person and get things moving.

Lance Visnich
QAS
800-298-4515 ex 2865
[email protected]

Thanks Ross. After screwing around with the QAS customer service people for 4-6 months and getting nowhere, Mr. Visnich got my problem handled in hours. I have now been able to convince QAS to bill me for what I owe them and my account is now current with a -0- balance. Incidently, a QAS finance manager Larry Wagner x1319, was contactd by Lance Visnich and he wasted no time in getting this resolved. I am keeping both names at hand. Damn shame you have to go to the top to get things done.

I got on their website, requested info on home monitoring. Received a brochure a week or so later. It asked for you to fill out and mail in or fax back. I faxed and mailed just to be sure. I called got a real person a couple of weeks later as I'd heard nothing from them. She told me she needed the phone numbers for my cardiologist and Coumadin Clinic. I gave them to her. In the meantime (2 weeks later), I had to meet with my cardiologist for the first time since my AVR (3 months) and he told me that he'd just "signed off" on the machine. I assume things are progressing. We'll see.

Well, this is interesting to read all the above posts. I just got an email today from QAS with a PDF form to complete. I had pretty much given up on the idea as my ins copay is 50% and being unemployed, there is no way I can manage that. Has anyone here gotten their machine with no copay?

I would love to test at home.
Thanks,
Luana

I did -- in 2003. Policy with my company's carrier (UHC) was 100% coverage of DME when I got my ProTime 3 in November 2003.
Coverage with Aetna is now 80% of "usual and customary" charge. Which translated to about 60% when I got my INRatio 2 years ago.

Some companies may cover all DME at 100%, but I'm not sure.

Well, this is interesting to read all the above posts. I just got an email today from QAS with a PDF form to complete. I had pretty much given up on the idea as my ins copay is 50% and being unemployed, there is no way I can manage that. Has anyone here gotten their machine with no copay?

I would love to test at home.
Thanks,
Luana

If I were in your situation I would have a conversation directly with QAS to see what they might be able to do for you regarding your portion.

Thanks, Cris. I'm calling them tomorrow. I got a phone message from them today. I looked on their site and their machines are all over $2,000, unless I missed something, so maybe they will accept the 50% from my ins co as payment in full. With the email yesterday and call today, seems like maybe they're wanting new customers.
Luana

Update: April1 I get a call from yet another member of the QAS staff.I should get a call within a couple of weeks to set up a required face to face training session with a QAS trainer to start testing. It doesn't matter that I have been testing for years, and I will be getting an Inratio2 meter/machine. I had asked for an Inratio, or simply for the testing supplies. Since they took 6 months to process me, I had already bought an Inratio from my previous provider Philips Raytel.( It took just about a month to get processed by Raytel). I told her I was not pleased with the service, she politely apologized in a scripted tone, just going through the motions to get the job done. I thanked her for calling, and said I would be glad to finally get set up with them.

Brian:

It's just their SOP.
I went through the same thing 2 years ago when I got my INRatio. When the RN called me to do the training via phone, she realized I already knew how to home-test and we just chatted.
Couple of weeks later, someone with QAS called, demanding that I take the machine to my PCP's office to demonstrate I could do a test. I said I had been home-testing for 4+ years and had taken my previous machine in for a demonstration in 2003. No matter, the QAS employee said (name) at my PCP's office wanted me to come in. I said I didn't know (name). She seemed surprised that I wouldn't know the name of everyone in a large medical practice. (duh!)
I "compromised." I sent my PCP a letter saying how delighted I was with my tester, how much easier it was, and thanked him for signing the paperwork so I could get it.

HA, I loved it when I had to demonstrate that I knew how to test. Took it in to the Coumadin clinic with me, had the nurse watch, all the while she was arguing why I needed to test with their machine too. She finally caved in and signed off on my letter.

Well, I finally have a new machine. They had a woman call me. She had the machine, and would deliver it to me, after I demonstrated two times that I could do the test. I had to set aside 2 hours for the meeting, but at long last I do have it! She was very nice, but wouldn't let me off the hook for a single step of the proving I knew what I was doing.

Latest posts

Back