Yearly Check Update--Intraventricular Conduction Delay?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francie12

Hello everyone! An update and a question following Matt's yearly cardio appointment and echo. Basically things are still looking fairly stable even though there was a slight increase in the LVdd measure this year. All the AO measures stayed the same (yay!), and still no real symptoms other than tiring easily with increased physical activity (PE, etc.). So on the whole, still looking good. He does not go back for another year. :)

I always request a copy of the echo report and keep a running record of the key dimensions. When this report arrived in the mail yesterday it included something I had never heard of before in the letter to the pediatrician--"He does have nonspecific intraventricular conduction delay." I googled it and got some technical info, but I wanted to see if any here are familiar with this and can put it in perspective for me.

Of course, I'm wondering if the doctor didn't mention it at the time of the appointment because it's a technicality that isn't especially significant, or because he only noticed it afterward, or because he's trying to save us nosy, amateur cardiologist moms from ourselves! :confused:

Nice to check in with you all and thanks for any input!

I had that as well. It showed up while my cardio was monitoring me for a month last spring. It's usually not something to worry about--mine was caused by the ablation I'd had three months before--but you might want to ask the cardio for an explanation, anyway.

Intraventricular Conduction Delay

This also showed up on my ECG a year and a half ago and I was told that it was a 'non specific finding' and no one seemed too alarmed or bothered by it. So...I figured I shouldn't either.
I hope this is the case for Matt as well.

Glad to read that Matt is staying stable! woo-hoooo! that is such great news! Andrew's annual check was good, too, I posted his update in the BAV area ... small increases, nothing that bumps him into any new categories! I hope you will find some info to give you peace of mind on the intraventricular conduction delay. Maybe an e-mail or quick call into Matt's card will help put your mind at rest.

I called the cardio, and he said that Matt has always had this "non specific intraventriclular conduction delay" because of the dilated left ventricle, and that it's nothing to be concerned about. He said they don't always put down everything on every report. Glad to put this aside! He acted a little put out that I called him about it, but I've finally learned not to give two hoots about that! I figure at $1,500 an hour (our deductible), I'm allowed to ask a question or two!

Latest posts

Back