Wisconsin members beside moi?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Robt Z

Could there be another Wisconsinite member? I know the Illini have a bunch of members but they got alot of people in their state. Here in the Capitol City of Madison, where everyone pretty much knows everyone else or at least someone who someone else knows, I have yet to recognise a fellow member. If you are out there please reply.

Robt Z :confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Robt - I thought that Wisconsin was Chicago's largest suburb? Doesn't that make you an Illini member? What's all this talk about capitols and Madison and all that?

no tolls here

no tolls here

I know when I am near Illini when the tolls start up. The Windy City, Michigan Avenue, the Navy Pier, the Tollway Bridge...It's not New York...it's not Los Angeles...It's nice to visit. Wisconsin...a state of mind.... Aint no suburb of Chi-Town but it's nice having a big city and airport to visit now and again. I tell people who dont know where Wisconsin is that it's near Chicago. Have you been to Michigan City, Indiana? That is nice. Let me know when you are on your way to the Dells or Ho Chunk. Would be happy to meet up to chat.

Robt Z ;)

Hello, Robert,
I'm from Southern Indiana, but I make it up to Madison about three times per year. (Brother and sis-in-law live very close to St. Mary's Hospital and Lake Wingra). In fact, the last time I came up in June, I made a side trip over to Schaumburg to meet some of the forum members. I'll let you know the next time we venture up -- Christmas time, I believe.

mini reunion

mini reunion

You are welcome to visit when you are in the area. Robt Z

2 of us

2 of us

Hi-

There are 2 more of us Winsconsinite's here. I myself grew up in Beaver Dam and now commute between there nd Belgium, WI (north of Milw.) for college and work. JenLynn is from Milw. and a good friend from these boards.

Erica

Wisconsite - Madisonian

Wisconsite - Madisonian

Hi Robt Z - thought you'd like to know there is another Wisconsinite - although I now live in Alaska. "My home is in Madison, M-A-D-I-S-O-N. Where the girls are the fairest, the boys are the squarest, of any old town I've been in!" I know all the words to that one!

I was born and raised in Madison, lived there 19 yrs., and then married and off to the west for awhile, up North to Alaska in 1978 and have grown roots here.

But I loved Madison and will always love Madison. It tugs at my heart. I have one brother still in that town as well as many aunts, uncles and cousins. We were just there in June for my brother-in-law's wedding.

Take care. Go Packers!

Peggy in Alaska

Another from WI

Another from WI

My 3.5 year old son has a Bicuspid, hi last echo he was in the moderate stage, the cardiologist said in about year we will need some form of treatment. So I am building a list of favorites on the Ross.

The one and only Waunakee.

I was born a cheesehead!

I was born a cheesehead!

I was born in Milwaukee ... My mom was born near Texarkana TX and my dad was born in Flushing NY and raised in Cranston RI. They met here in Fort Worth TX when my dad was stationed at the old Carswell Air Force Base and my mom was working in Dallas, got married, moved to Milwaukee so Daddy could go to Milwaukee School of Engineering on the GI bill.
Then I came along 1 year later. Then my sister decided to come along 11.5MO later. Daddy saw the writing on the wall, got a job with Texas Instruments in Dallas in March 1951 and we moved to Dallas before my sister arrived.
So I never really really lived there. My parents have many fond memories of Milwaukee and have been back to visit college friends. Mom and I went up there about 14 years ago and drove around Wisconsin for a week -- Madison, New Glaurus, Wisconsin Dells, LaCrosse, etc.
Would love to go back again sometime.

Anyone from Wisconsin out there?

Anyone from Wisconsin out there?

Hi,

Just opening an old thread to see how many Wisconsonites are out there...

Steve

I've been to Wisconsin twice this spring, and plan to return for a weekend in August. Does that count? I'll probably be there in September as well. Oshkosh, Mequon, Princeton, and Mequon again.

I spent a weekend in Sturgeon Bay, Door county 2 weeks ago......Hubby's aunt has lived there 50 years..ran a fishing Lodge.....she celebrated her 100th birthday. Still alert, ect..Must be a healthy place to live.:D We went thru Milwaukee..Yikes..bad construction...Tried to avoid it on the way home...After 3 hours..back on track to Rockford Illinois..trying to avoid construction in Chicago..:eek: ... We should have made the trip in 2 days instead of the 3 it took us to get up there and back.....Huge difference in tempature..Thankfully we took warm clothes...bonnie

Granbonny said:
back on track to Rockford Illinois..trying to avoid construction in Chicago..

Hey Bonnie ... I vaguely remembering asking you this before, but perhaps I didn't....

Did you travel I-39 through IL? If so, you weren't all that far from me ... would've been nice to meet you :).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker
MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/quilt.html
"Come pick me up" ... Ben Folds ... 'Landed'

I hope to be an honorary Wisconsinite! Next week I will be driving to Spring Green, spending some time there, then driving on to the North Kettle Moraine for a few days of camping.

Tell the gang I am on my way! :D

Wisconsinite

Wisconsinite

Hi, I'm up the road a bit from you ...in Baraboo. Had open heart surgery Jan 7, 2005 at St Mary's in Madison. Dr. Vijay Kantamneni operated and replaced the mitral valve and removed 4 sections of my heart to reduce the size. I've been in Afib pretty much all the time since then. On April 10, 2005 I dropped out of Proper INR range to 1.91 and suffered the first of 4 strokes. Was hospitalized again for 3 weeks. Gave myself heparin shots for four months to dissolve the clot that had grown on the new valve. After about a year now I'm finally starting to get a little energy back. Just received a INRatio monitor in the mail last Friday, and if everything holds will be traveling to Delaware to help my daughter when her new baby arrives. Her husband is in Portugal in the Air Force and may not be able to get back in time for the birth. I hope I can learn to use the machine in the short time before I fly out there! Wish me luck, Annilou

Hi, Annilou. Welcome to the boards. I'm sure sorry to hear you've had such problems with a-fib and blood clots. Hopefully, your home monitoring device will help you keep your INR in better range.

Just as an aside, my sis-in-law is an RN at St. Mary's in Madison. She used to work in the ER but is now working full time in the Cath. Lab. We're coming up to visit her and my brother July 4th weekend. Send me a private message if you'd like to meet up for lunch or coffee. Also, best of luck to your daughter and your future grandchild.

Hey Melissa!

We are camping Kettle Moraine this summer. Few other visits planned to Wisconsin as well. It's nice get away...from the hum drum of the "big city"

Have a great time!

Sherry said:
Just as an aside, my sis-in-law is an RN at St. Mary's in Madison. She used to work in the ER but is now working full time in the Cath. Lab. We're coming up to visit her and my brother July 4th weekend.

*raises eyebrow*

What route you taking up to WI, Sherry?

Hi, Cort. We usually cut through central Illinois on our way up there. However, if we carpool with my brother from Indy, we may go a different route. I'll let you know when I find out. :)

Back