Where do the doctors get all their magazines???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Since I spend quite a bit of time in the various medical waiting rooms, I've decided that there must be a used magazine salesperson who hits every doctor's office. That person must be making a fortune.

The requirements would be that the magazines be:

1.) at least 2 years old

2.) of an off topic like The Nova Scotia Journal (that was a good one, it had a crossword puzzle in it re: Nova Scotia fish dishes and sports they play in Nova Scotia, kayaking Eskimo jokes and lots of Nova Scotia fishing cottages for sale), Pregnancy Today, Teenage Glamour (both in the transplant cardiologist's office), Old Age and You, the AARP Journal and How to Write a Will and make out an Advanced Directive. One waiting room in the hospital had a Rock Music Magazine complete with nude pics. and pics of punk rockers in bondage outfits, I think.

3.) Must have several cartoons, coupons and recipes cut out of them, so if you read a good article, you can't finish it.

4.) Preferably have the cover ripped off them, so it's a mystery what they are.

5.) Have the germs of about a billion people all over every page, and maybe a couple of grease spots, and "other" spots.

I would imagine these mags sell by the pound.

What do you think?:p

Hilarious

Hilarious

That's priceless, Nancy, I laughed out loud...

How about the "Fantastic Miracle stories from our PPO/HMO/Staff/Department" brochures?

*Ross raises hand and says, " I know, I know, they get them from the laundry mat!* :D

One thing I never do is read the stuff in a doctors waiting area. I don't know why, but I don't.

Hubby reads them all

Hubby reads them all

Reads them while we wait for the extra hour after my appoinment:p Takes one back to the little closet where we wait another 20 min..reads them while the Doctor and I are talking..even showed him a joke while we were disussing my meds. The doctor just laughed.:p When my PCP told me last week I could go five months..John said,,Oh, no, where will I get my magazines. Daughter gives him Time for Xmas. Reads it from front to back...Bonnie

Those magazines...

Those magazines...

are given to doctor free by drug reps, of course they have extra adds in them for there drugs of choice, a lot of the staff take home the current issues to read and then pass them around to other staff members, eventually they wind up in the waiting rooms, outdated, wrinkled, and with pages torn out.

You find this stuff out when you work at your PCP's office,

Terry40

That is hilarious! I am printing this up right now to give to my Cardiologist!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Latest posts

Back