What do I feel?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

carbomedic

Ok guys
I need you support here. I'm coming up on my 4 week check up at the surgeon on 03.28.02. I was out and about the last couple of days and it feels like I may have caught I cold, or sinuses stuffed. I could tell I have a fever, measuring it, 98.6 to 99.9. I have started tp have "missed beats" in my pulse yesterday, not extensive, but enough for me to notice, I had those all the time before AVR. Other that that, I feel ok. Friday was 3 weeks from discharge, so I needed to increase exercise to the next level. 21 minutes, 2 times a day. This I do on a threadmill that I programmed.
All my docs from the hospital and surgeon use a fever of 101 as a call immediately point. They also say to call is palpitation occur. While I have them I would not call them extensive.
Anyone out there have these post op issues? My son says I programmed the threadmill too fast and too much incline.
Maybe.
carbo

Hi Carbo,

Hope you get that under control. In ther early stages of recovery, I walked on the treadmill at a 2.0 mph pace, no incline, for 30 min. I didn't increase that until I was several months post op. Maybe you should review your rehab routine with yuor doctor.

Wishing you good health,

Rob

Definitely call the doc and ask.

Maybe you should retract your increase to the last level until your cold is better. I suppose that it's possible for stuffed sinuses and potential congestion to impede the oxygen flow and stress your heart a little. Conservative is good.

Take care, let us know what the doc says.

Hey Carbo!
What is your normal temp? My temp runs low noramally... around 96.4.. so a fever of 98.9 to 99 is high for me.

I also experienced palps post-op.... they gradually subsided until recently. (I am 1-1/2 years post-op)

Watch that cold... or could it be a sinus infection? All viral conditions need to be watched carefully.

Take care,
Zazzy

Latest posts

Back