Warfarin Protocol Initiated!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ridiculous dosing is probably a source of some of this consternation. The half life of warfarin is three days - so depending on which day you test, your results will be different.
Why don't these clueless clowns put you on the same daily dose and adjust from there?

And, yes, XS results can vary. A difference of .3 or .4 is acceptable.

nice photoshop there, I both applaud and approve ;-)

Looks like an authentic Michelangelo to me!

I think that is up on the ceiling somewhere in this place:

1716696357131.jpeg

OK. You mentioned Mickey Langelo. Completely off topic - another annoyance for this verbal curmudgeon -- Leonardo Da Vinci. His name was Leonardo. He came from Vinci. I've heard people who should know better acting like 'DaVinci' was his last name. This was used for a promotion on TV for an exhibition at the Reagan Museum (Southern California). Does this bother any of you? Does this have any effect on your INR?

OK. You mentioned Mickey Langelo. Completely off topic - another annoyance for this verbal curmudgeon -- Leonardo Da Vinci. His name was Leonardo. He came from Vinci. I've heard people who should know better acting like 'DaVinci' was his last name. This was used for a promotion on TV for an exhibition at the Reagan Museum (Southern California). Does this bother any of you? Does this have any effect on your INR?

Wow, I had not idea about Da Vinci. Always thought that was his last name...just caused a spike in my INR!

You would be slipkid da Schwenksville. Kind of rolls of the tongue, doesn't it. (FWIW - immigrants to the U.S. often have last names that include the cities or towns that they came from (I.e. Weiner, meaning that they came from Vienna (Wein) - or their professions (I.e. Cooper, Butcher, etc.)). But this was by choice. I don't think Da Vinci was a choice, and I doubt that he ever used that name. (Of course, there undoubtedly, a lot of other Leonardos that lived in Vinci - what were they called?) And watch that INR - this kind of information can really mess it up.

I took a quick walk(?) through previous posts and saw something that bothers me -- the person said he doesn't take other anticoagulants. AFAIK, the Coaguchek XS and its close relatives only test for the results of warfarin -- they don't detect any changes caused by NSAIDS (aspirin and similar medications), and if you're taking other items with anticoagulant effects - you can't expect the XS to determine their effect.

My advice -- don't mix anticoagulants. FWIW, I take 81 mg of aspirin every night. I'm comfortable with the low risk.

Back