Vitamin K ? Could slow down calcification of biological valves

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Peachy

I have been doing some research on how to slow down calcification of biological valves. Vitamin K which is bad for those who have mechanical valves could be beneficial for those who have biological valves. Vit K appears to regulate the flow of calcium in the body which is the main cause of calcification of the heart valves. It keeps calcium out of the arteries and inside the bones and also has many other benefits such as cutting down the risk of a stroke due to high blood pressure. The cause of blood pressure rising has traditionally been linked to high salt intake. However, now it has been found that calcium has a major role to play in this disease. Vit K helps to regulate the calcium in our bones and arteries and therefore cause a decrease in susceptibility to stroke and other blood vessel related problems. Research has also shown that people with high levels of Vit K are less prone to osteoporosis and alzheimer?s disease.

I've also been interested in that idea. This is one link I found during my research. www.lef.org/protocols/prtcl-108.shtml However they also sell the supplements they recommend, so there is a bit of a conflict of interest to be aware of.

Vitamin K is not available over the counter in Canada. Neither are certain amino acid supplements. Our government has taken a fairly cautious approach in this. In any case, if I was to persue this idea further I would want appropriate medical advice. It would be nice to find a doctor that is involved in this area.

Alan

Latest posts

Back