Vermont Medical School and Protime

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Michele, My son has paroxysmal atrial fibrillation and the doctors that tke care of him are all professors at the University of Vermont medical school. They run a warfarin clinic out of their office. My son will need to go back on warfarin after they do a procedure on him to cure afib called "pulmonary vein isolation". The nurse who runs their clinic says they tried finger stick with two Protime units and couldn't get coordination or linearity with the central lab. She said they have discontinued finger stick and currently do vein stick and send all specimens to central lab. I tried to tell her most of us from Dr. Ansell on down trust Protime and Coaguchek but she didn't sound interested. Did you know about this? Maybe you can
help them out..

ProTime machine

ProTime machine

In response to dilemma about ProTime. I have technical data that I can forward to them showing the accuracy of the machine. This device has also been approved by Medicare. I don't think that they would approve a machine that they did not feel was accurate. There's a lot of variables that you have to take into consideration with correlation to the labs. Let me know how I can help you.

Vermont and Protime???

Vermont and Protime???

Michele, Rob suggests that the Vermont docs may have ceased using protime and capillary blood for financial reasons. He may be right. You should have your rep in this area check it out. I personally started with Coaguchek four years ago and have had no problems. But I agree the Protime is probably even more accurate with that ISI of 1.0.

ProTime

ProTime

I would be glad to do that! Do you have a phone number for me to contact them. I'll get a rep to stop by and see them. Thanks for your support.

University of Vermont

University of Vermont

I gave your information to Brian Woodard who handles all the professional accounts and he is going to give them a call. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Latest posts

Back