valve, root, ascending aorta combos

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I read something on another thread about an aortic valve replacement that involved a St. Judes but also included a root. So, it looked like it was called something different than a St. Judes with a root attached. Is this correct? :confused:

For valve, root and aorta replacements can the valve be supplied as an integral part of the assembly or does the surgeon "build" an assembly based on what he finds when he gets in there? I think I'd prefer a pre-made assembly that essentially only needs the two ends attached.

Aoritc Root & Valve

Aoritc Root & Valve

My surgeon explained that St. Jude makes a valve with a dacron graft attached, that can be placed all at once. When I discussed different valves with him (e.g. On-X) he said that St. Jude are the only people who make them.

For other valve manufacturers, he said they make it themselves. Although their preference is to do it all in one.

There was someone here who posted the picture of the valve with the Dacron. Here is a link St. Jude Valve

Joel said:
My surgeon explained that St. Jude makes a valve with a dacron graft attached, that can be placed all at once. When I discussed different valves with him (e.g. On-X) he said that St. Jude are the only people who make them.

For other valve manufacturers, he said they make it themselves. Although their preference is to do it all in one.

There was someone here who posted the picture of the valve with the Dacron. Here is a link St. Jude Valve
Yeap, that's the one I'm wearing inside my chest at this moment.

From the St. Judes site, they show the Regent valve and they also show a valve with the aortic prosthesis attached called the Masters Series. Is this the regent valve with the prosthesis pre-attached? I think the St. Judes website is too vague in this area. :confused:

Good question. I just had the same surgery you describe, and beforehand the surgeon told me he would use the St. Jude's Regent valve. But I also ended up having root replacement and ascending aortic graft, and I guess I'm not sure if it was all one assembly or the surgeon sewed several parts together.

I do know I got a 27 mm St. Jude's valve, but I'm not sure which model.

And by the way, IT CLICKS LOUDLY!

Latest posts

Back