Tricuspid valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

martha

Saw my cardio a couple of weeks ago. Didn't realize that as a result of the AVR in December that I now have a slow leak in the tricuspid. Told not to worry....ya right. If it became worse they would do a repair. Go in through the side, and put a ring in to tighten it up.

Anyone with this happening to them?

Tricuspid

Tricuspid

My husband has a leaking tricuspid as well as a leak in the mitral valve (mechanical). He also has an aortic valve replacement (mechanical), but that's OK. We're awaiting a date for his surgery which should be relatively soon.

The surgeon will probably replace the mitral, and he will have a look-see at the tricuspid. Not sure what he'll do with that valve. The surgery is going to be done through the ribs.

Nancy

Tricuspid surgery is extremely rare. Was informed that everyone (meaning "the healthy" ) have trace amounts of Triscupid reguirg at any given time. If your echo is repeated.... my guess is that it will no show up next time. Happened to me. And, for what is worth I would advise you to take their advice and not worry about it.

Good Morning Martha.
Gina is probably right. You don't hear of too many tricuspid valves being replaced so try not to worry. I have the same concern with my Aortic valve. I had my Mitral replaced and there are some slight issues with my Aortic - they are watching it. My Doctor was like yours and said "Don't worry we can replace that one too". That made me feel all better, haha. Well I should get my echo results today and I think it will be good news - No Aortic problems and no more calcification on the Mitral.
Cross your fingers.
Take Care.

AVR 4/2000 and +1 leak in TC valve

AVR 4/2000 and +1 leak in TC valve

The leak in one year later has decreased to trivial and depending who's doing the echo, very mild. Just told yesterday by CCF Cardiologist, after her look at my 5/30/01 echo that the TC leak should not even enter my mind.

Generally, you have nothing to worry about but it does seem like the deity responsible for the heart, badly needs to take a course in Basic Plumbing 101.

I had AVR and Mitral repair in Aug of 99. One of my echocardiograms since that time showed some trace or mild leakage at the tricuspid valve as well. My most recent echo, however, showed no leakage at the tricuspid. My docs say it is nothing to worry about, just something to watch.

I also had trace tricuspid regurgitation on my last ECHO done in January. My AVR was 8/99. My cardio wasn't concerned about it.

I had an echo done about 6 weeks ago, and the cardio told me that there were mild leaks in my Mitral and Tricuspid valves, but that I should not worry about this. He'll keep an eye on it every 6 months when I come back for an appointment and to call him at once if I think there is anything wrong.

Christina.

AVR's 8/7/00 & 8/18/00
St. Jude's mechanical.
Coumadin. (20mg a day to keep within range of 2.5 - 3.5)

Latest posts

Back