Travellig after 4 months???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rocio from Mexico

Hi everyone! Im Rocio, from Mexico City, and I?m new around, my daughter will help me translating since my English is not that good. Lol?
This forum means a lot to me because here where I live, there is nothing that can actually inform me and help me and my family.
So thanks in advance for your response ;)

I had my valve replacement back on January 19th 2009. They changed both aortic and mitral for a mechanical carbomed. It was an invasive procedure but I?m currently ok.

I recovered well and I feel better now!

My daughters are planning to take me to a weekend to a close lake here in Mexico, only a 90minutes drive.
But there is a concern that rounds my mind and I?m a bit scared.
Altitude here in Mexico City is above 2000mtrs over the sea level and this lake, is around 910 meters over the sea.

My question is if changing altitude In one weekend will affect me in any way?
Can you help me????

Sweet regards from Mexico!
Rocio :)

Welcome to this great forum, Rocio. I am sorry I can't answer your question, but I am sure someone will come along to help you.

Best wishes,

Going down is generally not a problem, although going up can be. Welcome!

Rocio:

At 4 months post-op, you shouldn't have any problem going from Mexico City to a lower altitude, as long as you are not having any breathing issues now. Enjoy your trip and welcome to valvereplacement.com. Because you have mechanical valves, you may want to visit our anticoagulation forum elsewhere at this website.

By the way, I didn't realize that Mexico City was that high in altitude. I was there in 2001 or 2002 during El Dia de los Muertos, and I didn't have problems breathing. I would love to go back to Mexico City sometime -- maybe for El Dia de Los Muertos again. I had a great time!

Altitude here in Mexico City is above 2000mtrs over the sea level and this lake, is around 910 meters over the sea.

My question is if changing altitude In one weekend will affect me in any way?

if you have no other health problems that could be connected, you should
be fine. better than fine. you're already acclimatized to 2,000 meters,
(that's over 6,000 feet for friends north of the border). when you go down
to the lake, you'll probably find you have much more energy. at 900 meters
(~2700 feet) you'll be getting more oxygen, plus you probably won't have
the air pollution you're used to in mexico city. only potential drawback i
can see is you may be affected by pollen or humidity.

I think that it would probably be ok, but to be sure, why not ask your doctor? I am tentatively scheduled for an AVR in late June. I am also (tentatively) planning on going to the western part of the US in September, where the altitudes can go to 10,000 feet.

I am also (tentatively) planning on going to the western part of the US in September, where the altitudes can go to 10,000 feet.

Moving down in altitude is never a problem, in fact it's a benefit. That is why the US Olympic training center be located in Colorado.

I live near sea level but I have had no problems running in Denver or Boulder Colorado above 5000 feet (1525m). I can recall running a 5K in Boulder before AVR when the valve was leaking heavily. My run time was a few minutes slower than at home. After AVR I didn't run any races there but felt no different in 3-4 mile training runs. I would expect to feel a difference at 2000 meters or more however.

Thank you all so much for your support and welcome! I wil see my doctor tomorrow but I feel better now ;) you are also an inspiration to me to know you are so active so I can also be!!!
Catwoman: you should really repeat the experiencie is something else ;)
any one else ever been here for holidays ??? :)

No Roccio,
My husband and I only went to Puerto Vallarta a few years ago. But I will say that I had the time of my life. I have been trying to come up with the time to return. I will eventually, I know that for a fact.:)

Bienvenidos Roccio..!!

Bienvenidos Roccio..!!

Bienvenido a un lugar amistoso. He visitado Mexico D.F. y tambien a muchas ciudades en Mexico. Uno de mi favorito es Cancun con las hermosas playas y tambien San Miguel de Allende donde estudie espanol. Tengo un amor especial para su pais inclusivo la musica, para el alimento, y para las personas.

Mi hijo trabaja para una compania Mexicana en la Bahia de Campeche. Visite Puerto Vallarta con mi novio hace dos semanas y tuve una visita maravillosa.

Shezagirlie. muchas gracias por tu mensje en español me dio mucho gusto! Que bueno que te gusta Mexico! :) regresa pronto!

Tambien si otros quieren praticar español son bienvenidos a platicar conmigo en ingles o español! :)

Thank you all for your help! I will share pictures soon!

WELCOME ROCIO!

Sorry, I can't help with this particular question, but wanted to wish you well. Please post again soon, and let us know how you are doing!

Janie, I didn't quite get that.

Welcome, Rocio, to valvereplacement. it is a wonderful forum with much information along with some fun, as well.

go on your vacation, enjoy yourself and then send us some pictures. we love pictures.

Latest posts

Back