To Lisa

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

martha

Dear Lisa,

You stated in another thread that at one time in your life you had been a phlebotomist. Where you certified?

I'm a phlebotomist, was certified. Gave that up and number of years ago. When if became impossible to get around and be on my feet for very long. I remember before I started working that I had the hep. shots. Not very plesent, a three shot series. Glad to hear that yours is not the active kind.

You have to know that someone is going to ask this!

You have to know that someone is going to ask this!

What the heck is a phlebotomist? Do they bite?:p
Kev

Certified? I didn't know there was such a thing. I was 18 years old, taught by someone who was 20, and "practiced" on a real live patient for the first time. The Hep B shots hadn't been invented yet then. This was in 1980-81. I'm not sure that Hepatitis B had even been identified yet. I only remember people having Hepatitis - no letter was every mentioned then.

Yes, I was called vampire on many occasions. I finally quit when my Cardiologist threatened me. In the 18 months that I drew blood, I had strep throat 5 times. Too much exposure to staph, which would knock down my immunities. I think my doctor's words were "Exactly how soon do you want that surgery?"

Latest posts

Back