Tiny one's echo next week

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekycat

Hi all,

I posted a while ago about my yet-to-be-born niece, who has heart abnormalities and will need surgery within her 1st year. She's due to arrive in June.

My sister will be going in next week Thursday to have an echocardiogram done on the baby's heart. I asked her if I could go with, I think it'll be interesting, and I'd also like to be there for support for my sister. I'll keep you updated as to further developments.

We'll be waiting to hear ...

We'll be waiting to hear ...

how things are ...take care ..love to the Mum and baby too
Scottie

I will add you all to my prayer list. Please send my best wishes to your sister and let her know that I will be thinking of her and the baby on Thursday!:)
As my mom always used to say, "Everything will work out for the best"!
Take care!

Julia:)

Good news for the baby today!

Good news for the baby today!

I went with my sister to have the echo on the baby's heart today, and the cardiologist seemed rather encouraged.
He said it might not be Tetralogy of Fallot after all, they know the baby has a hole between the ventricles, which will need to be fixed, but he said that the pulmonic valve, other than looking a little smaller than normal appeared to be working normally so far.
And she should not require any immediate surgery.

He said he'll do an echo on her right after she's born and will be able to tell better then, the extent of the deformity.
It will also be easier to see some of the stuff. The baby doesn't necessarily cooperate and get in the best position for the technician sometimes.

I was fascinated to think that you could zero in on a little baby's heart like that, while it's still in utero though.

hi jean!
what good news.
i know a friend whose daughter had surgery to repair a hole between the chambers ofher heart. that was about 15 years ago and she is going strong.
i know they do this routinely today.
hopefully that might be all she needs if anything.
take care and please keep us posted.
all the best, sylvia

Tiny heart

Tiny heart

Praise God. There is nothing better than hearing good news especially when it comes to children. My continued prayers are with your neice. Hopfully she will be able to get strong before surgery. Peggy

It is amazing how clear these pictures are these days! I could see Erik's valves opening and closing on the ultrasound! Keep us posted, it will be interesting to see how they do everything! Good luck, and the baby will be in my thoughts!

Your new grandbaby is adorable, weekycat!

Latest posts

Back