Thursday

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve - Sorry that your dad is not getting better as quickly as expected. I guess somebody is bound to get unlucky with this surgery and have a bad experience. I am praying that your dad's condition improves quickly and especially gets off that ventillator. Please keep us informed about his condition and especially any improvement. We are all pulling for him.

Speedy recovery

Speedy recovery

Steve

My thoughts are with you and your dad for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted

Amy

hi steve!
i'm sorry to hear that your dad isn't recovering as quickly as everyone probably hoped he would. please let him (and your family) know that he is in our thoughts and prayers. we wish him all the best and look forward to seeing him back here real soon.
thank you for keeping us up to date and please let us know how he progresses.
God bless, sylvia

Friday update

Friday update

Just got this latest message from Steve and don't see it here so I'm posting it:

Well,

Nothing better than the last. He keeps getting worked up and working his
heart and lungs harder than he should, prolonging the use of the ventilator.
I don't know what will calm him down, but words aren't. Maybe a little
more prayers.

Steve

The Young Family:

From left to right: Chris, Ross, Steve, Lyn, Jeremiah

Just thought some faces would be good as we remember this family in our minds and hearts and pray.

I know Lyn is trying to work the night shift at her job all through this. She must be exhausted!

You know, as I looked at the picture of this family, I got tears in my eyes. I thought Ross would be gone for a week maybe and be back here posting away. It just goes to show how wonderful this site is...Looking forward to the time that Ross is back with us.

My question is...why don't they fully sedate him? They kept me asleep for ten days. Well, I am still keeping your family in my thoughts.

JUST PUSH!!

JUST PUSH!!

I was going back through e-mails Ross had sent to me, and found this one:

Re: P.U.S.H.

A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. So, this the man did, day after day. For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down; his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Since the man was showing discouragement, the adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the weary mind: "you have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn't moved."

Thus, giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man.

Satan said, "Why kill yourself over this? Just put in your time, giving just the minimum effort, and that will be good enough."

That's what he planned to do, but decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.

"Lord," he siad, "I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?"

The Lord responded compassionately, "My friend, when I asked you to serve Me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push. And now you come to Me with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven't moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done.

"Now my friend, I will move the rock."

------------------------

I am sure Ross is pushing with all his might.

PUSH EVERYBODY!

P.U.S.H. "PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS!"

Last edited:
Steve,
A thought crossed my mind which I will share--not sure it will help.

There is another kind of ventilator, which does not involve a tube down the throat; it uses what looks like an oxygen mask with sturdy straps to keep it tight to the face. The value of this is that it is less invasive and allows the patient to swallow, clear phlegm, and cough. It also makes the patient feel much more in control and able to relax better. You might inquire about this with your dad's doctor, and if more details are needed, I can get them or can provide medical contacts for you.

I don't mean to be problem-solving here, but I do know that this device was a Godsend for me, since I was on and off the ventilator a few times.

Good luck and hang in there.

--John

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the continued updates. As always, your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

Give your Dad our best. We are pulling for him!

Steve

Keep your faith - you're doing a superb job. We're all behind you, even in distant places.

My best to your Dad

My best to your Dad

I was out of town for 2 days..but kept check on your Dad's condition. Today is Sat. Maybe we will hear a little good news from you tonight. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. Bonnie

Latest posts

Back