Three Days And Counting Down

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sonogriff

Greetings. My name is Brian and I live in Chandler, Arizona. I am divorced with no kids and two beautiful black cats, Sheba and Cool Hand Luke.
I am haing surgery to replace my aortic valve and root and to do some reconstructive work on the coronary arteries on Monday, July 9, 2001 at Phoenix Good Samaratin Hospital at 7:30 am. My surgeon, Dr. Tibi is using a mechanical valve and dacron for the root reconstruction. I also had emergency surgery last week when the Doctor punctured my femural artery during a cardiac catheterization. And a year ago I underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery which has resulted in a 170 lb weight loss thus far.
I would appreciate your prayers for me, my family and my cats as the date draweth quite near. This looks like a cool site and look forward to getting to know you. Oh, my anueryism is of the ascending aorta and measures 7.7 cm.

Welcome! I'm sure you will get a lot of information and support from this wonderful site of ours. I shall be thinking of you on Monday. I'm sure you will be relieved to have it over and to be on your way to recovery and a whole new life. I am four months on from my AVR and all my little niggles following surgery have just about disappeared. Look forward to hearing how it all goes and wishing you all the very best.

Good luck Brian

Good luck Brian

Hi Brian-

Welcome to the site. And best wished for a healthier you. We'll be waiting to hear all your stories after surgery. Talk to you later.

Nancy

Good Luck Brian!

Good Luck Brian!

Our prayers are with you Brian as you come over to the other side.

i had similar surgery (but they also took out and replaced my aortic arch)

keep us posted as you can.

Hey Brian - welcome to our home. We stand and walk with you as you travel up the mountain on Monday. Our joint prayers will also be yours as we wait to hear that you are at the top of that mountain with us. Please let us know as soon as you can how you are. Please return to us and stick around to offer your support to others who come after you. Godspeed

Hello Brian !!

Hello Brian !!

Hi Brian,

I am glad to see that you received my E-mail and came to this site. Welcome.

I am sure that you will have many pre and post operation questions and concerns. The folks here are fantastic. Don't be shy about asking.. There is a wealth of information here.

Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Wishing you a successful surgery and a full and speedy recovery,

Rob

Hi Brian!

Hi Brian!

Welcome. Please know that the waiting is the most difficult...and soon that will be over for you. You will be having many prayers sent your way Monday and forward from there. It will only start getting better!

One thing from a fellow cat lover...keep the kitties off the chest when you come home. I was laying on the couch with one of my cats sleeping on the top of the back when from out of the blue she just jumped right on me. I truly do not know if it hurt more than it surprised me or the other way around, but it created quite an uproar here while I collected myself and then tried to sooth her because she totally freaked out too!

Congratulations with the weight loss...that will only help things. Keep us posted we do care for all of us and now you are included!

Here are some best wishes coming your way from another cat lover. I personally have always had cats, and at the moment I am owned by four persians.
I will be saying a prayer for you this Monday when you go in for surgery. I live in Tucson, so not too far from you, and our webmaster Hank lives in Mesa which is just a skip and a jump from where you are.
Stay positive, and all will go fine.
Keep in touch and let us know how you did.

Welcome

Welcome

Welcome to the site Brain. Great job with the weight loss. Between the weight loss and your new heart valve you will be feeling a lot better. Good Luck.

Hello Brian and welcome to world or vr.com

You are very fortunate to have found this site before your operation, because here you can share your thoughts, your fears and your achievements with people who are going through or have been though exactly the same as you. It's very comforting to know you are amongst friends here who can relate to your situation.

You have joined a club with members from all over the world whose common spirit binds us all together as we overcome our own adversity and help others to do the same.

Good luck with your surgery and please keep us posted on your recovery.

Best wishes

Welcome to our growing family Brian.

Our prayers and best wish's are with you as you go into this. Believe me the waiting is worse than the surgery but soon you will be on the other side with us seeing clear bright skys in your future.

Sorry for the late reply, but you are in my prayers for a successful surgery and recovery on this difficult day. Come back to the site and let us know how excellent your recovery goes.:D

Hi Brian,

Welcome! You will be in all our prayers this Monday. You found a great site! I too am a fellow cat lover. The hardest part was keeping my kitties off me after surgery. They had missed me so much. They just wanted to get close to me. I had an AVR and MVR on March 8, 2001. Good Luck with your surgery. Keep us informed on how it went.

Lorraine

Brain,
Welcome and best wishes, we'll be praying for you. Please keep us updated.

Back