Thank you all!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jessica_B.

Hi everyone,

I know I haven´t been the busiest of posters on these boards but I have often been lurking and I can´t believe how much additional information about valves I picked up along the way :) .

I have had DVR and I thought that it would have me safe for a looooong time but unfortunately life decided otherwise. Very recent tests have shown I have developed dilated cardiomyopathy and CHF. I´m 25 years old and in between medication, surgeries and pacemaker treatment there seems to be little more modern medicine have to offer me besides heart transplantation. A new healthy heart with normal valves, normal muscle, normal conductive abilities would be such a gift... I´m being evaluated and I hope that I will be a candidate. If not, they only give me 5-8 months more.

I think my energy is needed elsewhere so I´m not sure I will be surfing the web much but before I leave I wanted to say Thank you! Thank you for all the infomration and support provided and also wish everyone a great looooooong life!

Thanks again!

All my best,

/Jessica

I feel so bad for you. Someone so young shouldn't have to deal with something like this.

I wish you all the best in facing this ordeal. Try to keep a positive attitude. If there is anything that you need to talk about or you just need to vent, I think I speak for many here - please drop us a line and we'll do our best to be supportive for you.

Kev

Jessica - I hope and pray you will turn out to be a candidate for transplant, and that a heart will be available for you. I shall be thinking of you and longing to hear that you have been up that mountain and over the other side with the rest of us.

Dear Jessica-

I'll be thinking about you in the coming months and hoping that you will be a fine candidate for your procedure. Please don't be a stranger. Let us know how things progress.

Wishing you all the best and if we can offer some support for you, please call on us.

Dear Jessica,

I second all that has been said here. If you need to vent write to us. If you need to cry write to us. If you need support write to us. We are here, and will hold your hand. Remember god is with you every step of the way. Ask and you shall receive. With God all things are possible. Sending you a big hug....Love, martha

My dear Little One - sometimes when we read posts, we cry, too. My heart is heavy for you and I will put you in my prayers every day and hope that God will put you in his palm to keep you safe along the way. It is a hard road you are traversing - I know because I traversed it with my dear Joe, always hoping there was a side road to safety as I will pray for one for you. Modern medicine is wonderful these days and maybe, just maybe, there's an answer for you. If you ever feel like it, please let us hear from you - if not, you are in so many prayers, you wouldn't believe. God bless you every single day. My love to you - Hensylee

Jessica
God still has a purpose for you, obviously. Its a shame we dont get to know what it IS. I wish you peace, every day. I will pray for you and your heart, and hope that you keep the faith.

God bless you.

Prayers

Prayers

The others ahead of me said it so nicely, but I did want to post and let you know how many of us are out there praying and hoping for the best. Please come to us if we can in anyway help.

God Bless You!

God Bless You!

Jessica,

It's difficult to express words about this type of news...only that we will all be thinking about you and praying too.

I will say that it forces me to go get my driver's license changed so that I will have donor status on it. It's been on my to-do list for some time. Even if my heart has mechanical valves, it would be my wish for them to consider using it any way they can.

Would you like to contact someone who has been through a transplant? It may help to talk about it. I would be happy to send you his e-mail address.

God Bless.

PerryA

Prayers

Prayers

Words are inadequate in this situation, but I do want to say that I will join everyone else in offering daily prayers for you and your family to meet the coming challenges in your life. My most fervent hope is to read a post from you in the near future, in which you describe being a successful transplant recipient.

Jessica,

I know it is hard to face this sort of thing. I wish only the best for you and your loved ones. You are in everybody's prayers. I think of all of you on this site, and you have all been so nice and supportive of me, and my decisions. I wish we could all have long lives and be healthy, and that there was no such thing as pain. I hope that we hear from you and that you have enough energy to keep us updated on your condition. Good luck, and God bless. We all get a lump in our throats, and a tear in our eyes. I will pray for you.

If you need to tak to a stranger who cares...E-mail me anytime at [email protected].

Latest posts

Back