Test

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlhudson

So far I've had what I consider to be a battery of test by my cardiologist. ECHO, TEE, Blood workup and a CATH.
I meet with a Cardiovascular Surgeon Dr David Sowden of Fort Wayne Cardiology this week. Are there other test that will be ran or will we just skip the prom and go right to the table?

It sounds like you've had all the important tests.

The decision to proceed with surgery will depend primarily on the interpretation of the results of those test results. If you are having symptoms such as shortness of breath on exertion, that will lean towards surgery. Symptoms are NOT a necessary indicator of the need for surgery. The surgeon will look at the whole picture and then decide. IF you are not having symptoms but the surgeon indicates it is time to proceed, BELIEVE HIM. You do NOT want to wait until you have irreversible damage.

'AL'

Dear TL...Al know of what he speaks. You've been through all the tests, now it is just time to wait and speak with the cardiothoracic surgeon. We were extremely lucky, Tyce had one episode of afib and within a month was operated on....no damage was done and his heart returned to normal size within a week. Please, don't postpone things if indications are that you need the surgery.

Much luck....please keep us informed of the results.

Evelyn

Latest posts

Back