TAVR

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quarry1

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
8 days post TAVR now. The first couple of days I was starting to feel better but after that my BP and pulse were low. 90/50 with pulse high 30's to low 40's. EF around 25 to 30%. Not what I was hoping for. I feel not so good in the morning but in the afternoon BP and pulse is back to normal. No good answers yet but there is another echo coming up later next week.. I had higher expectations.

Here's hoping that your heart is still going to remodel and improve -- also, maybe they can change up your medications as you go? I imagine that a lot of adjustments would be necessary to adjust to the new valve. Hang in there, I am sure it's worrisome and frustrating.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear about the issues. A couple questions:

1) Do they have you on metroprolol or other BP lowering medication? If your BP and pulse are that low, the dose may need to be adjusted.
2) What was your ejection fraction (EF) before surgery? Is the low EF a new development or something that was an issue prior to surgery?

Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear about the issues. A couple questions:

1) Do they have you on metroprolol or other BP lowering medication? If your BP and pulse are that low, the dose may need to be adjusted.
2) What was your ejection fraction (EF) before surgery? Is the low EF a new development or something that was an issue prior to surgery?
No metroprolol and EF about he same ,20-25 before and now 25-30. One good thing is that I now sleep a lot better and the cough is gone. Back to see Cardio this week.

EF about he same ,20-25 before and now 25-30.
I'm glad to hear that your sleeping better.

With reference to your pre-surgery EF, did your EF drop that low gradually, or was it a sudden drop since your previous echo? For example, were you normal EF, 50%+ and then suddenly 20% or was this something which came down gradually? If it was a gradual reduction, is there a reason why they waited for it to get this low before taking action and doing the TAVI?

Back