T&F Meet

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SumoRunner

Did my first track and field meet of the year Saturday in Saratoga, NY. Only signed up for the shot put. I should have jumped into a couple running events too since I was the only one in my age group. I could have gone home with an armload of medals. A few 40s, a couple 50s, only me 60+. I threw about 6 inches farther than my best of 2008 even though I hadn't picked up the ball since last July, not even a practice shot in 10 months, so I'm starting off well.

I have been doing loads of pushups in preparation, 150-200 three times a week, but I'm going to have to back down on those since my toes can't take it. You may be surprised to find that what takes the most abuse from mega-pushups are the toe joints.

Good for you Jack. Nice to see your still capable of throwing (or putting to be more precise. Congratulations on all the pushups. I quit the program because it was really causing too much strain on my lower back when I did too many, probably wasn't using good form.

Congrats Jack...nothing like outliving the age group competitors!;)
Now...to get you to the Wineglass.....

Congrats Jack...nothing like outliving the age group competitors!;)

Now...to get you to the Wineglass.....

I've studied age group numbers in road races which have roughly 5% over 60 and about 30% 40-somethings. So in the intervening 20 years more than 80% of the competition falls by the wayside. I think field events which have never been as popular anyway have an even higher attrition rate.

I still intend to run the relay at Wineglass, but not the full 26.2. Just have to work out the logistics with my family. My youngest daughter is a grad student at Binghamton U and lives fairly close.

Latest posts

Back