Surprise Surgery!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creed3

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi!
I am very new to this site. I just went for a second opinion in Phili and found out that I not only had AI, but it was due to a tear in the aorta. They flew me to Cleveland for Surgery. Something I was not prepared for. I am home now and am 10 days post surgery. I will probably have alot of questions. Hope to talk to some of you real soon.

Creed3

You bypassed a few steps, didn't you?

You bypassed a few steps, didn't you?

No anticipation worries over several months, it's all over with.

That is a blessing.

Be well.

AVR; 4/00; bovine Pericardial; CCF; Cosgrove.

Wow you were in a Scottie mode (hers was in danger zone). Am sure you are now wondering what in the world hit you! It was probably those two trucks we keep talking about. But you will get lots of feedback as you come in to post. God bless

hi creed3!
i'm sorry you had to go through that, but as someone said... no anticipation, no long wait, no "beforehand worries"... it's all behind you. now all you have to do is get rest, walk and breathe in that spirometer.
welcome to this site. it is a wonderful place for support, info, and just plain talking to others who really understand what you are going through. you will love it here.
hope you are feeling better and stronger with each new day.
please keep us posted.
be well, sylvia

HELLO AND WELCOME CREED3....BOY, YOU NOT ONLY CLIMBED THE MOUNTAIN....WELL ACTUALLY YOU FLEW OVER IT!!!!! WOW!!! EVERYONE IS RIGHT ABOUT THE ANTICIPATORYPART---IT DEFINITELY IS THE WORST; AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO GO THROUGH THAT PHASE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS. THIS IS A WONDERFUL SITE WITH MANY MANY WONDERFUL, KNOWLEDGEABLE PEOPLE WHO ARE MORE THAN WILLING TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES....KEEP US POSTED ON HOW YOU'RE DOING, AND WELCOME AGAIN.

EVELYN

Creed3 you sound as bad as me. I went to one hospital for chest pain and awoke 39 days later in the Cleveland Clinic. I had a aneurysm that ruptured and shredded the aortic root pretty badly.

Ask away-There's plenty of experience on this board and look forward to hearing more from you. Welcome to the family!

Wow Creed3!

It's great that it's all behind you and you are now in a much safer place. We never know what road we'll be traveling down, do we?
Your life was saved for sure.

I hope you have a smooth and uneventful recovery and we'll see you here often.

Creed - I also had my surgery in Cleveland. I remember seeing the helicopter pad and them taking someone off into the hospital. Hope you are doing good with recovery and please ask questions.

Creed,
Sooner is usually better than later when it comes to waiting for surgery, but you were ambushed. This happened to my son also, and it does take some extra time afterwards to come to grips with the whole thing. Any questions or problems you have...do feel free to ask. It is likely someone here has been through it before, and you'll find plenty of support.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly!
--John

Another Clevelander

Another Clevelander

I, too, had my surgery in Cleveland. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through the experience. You have lots of people here who are educated healthcare consumers. You have folks who have received medical care from experts from all around the U.S and abroad. People have internet links, articles, and contacts. For now, focus on your recovery and share whatever you want with us. The folks on this site helped me cope with the myriad of weird symptoms I had after the surgery. Nobody else seemed to understand me.

Best wishes

Thanks!

Thanks!

I just want to send out a Great Big Thank You to everyone on this site. It is so nice to be able to talk to other people who have gone through similar experiences.

Take Care!
Creed

Latest posts

Back