surgery on may 3rd

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting us know how Ben is. We always worry til we know.

Dear Ben - sounds you had a kink or so, but the medical staff will fix it and you will be up and walking around before you know it. When your blood has headed south, you need replacement and now that you've got it, you will be coming around pretty quickly, I am sure. My prayers are with you as you come along. Am so glad they could repair your valve. We are waiting to hear when you are able to post. In meantime, messages from your family are much appreciated. God bless

This was me, one hour after waking

This was me, one hour after waking

up and realizing what I'd just been thru

"...ben is weak, pale looking, and is in pain every 5-6 hours. he seems to be very depressed that he is not getting better..."

This was cured in a ...er.....uh...heartbeat with the right drugs.

Lodine was finally discovered to help with the pain after my Toradol allotment of 4-6 tablets was given.

Mine lasted weeks, but many others were over it in a few days and some women, particularly, had pain that was relieved with Tylenol.

That the operation was a resounding success (stopping the darned leak) and the patient felt lousy is routine.

Keep him focusing on the repaired valve and how much better this is going to be a month or two from now when they're making him work like a dog in Rehab, three days a week.

The truth is: No pain, no gain.

Kindest to regards to Ben and you who must endure it all.

hi ben!
you must feel so relieved that the worst is over. some folks have unexpected stumbling blocks during their recovery, my husband joey had a few.
he, like you, was very depressed about his recovery not progressing at a speedier rate. please try and be patient. every new day brings a little more strength. it's hard to "get " this when you're where you are, but please, take our words for this.
joey had a tremendous amount of pain and took all the pain meds offered him very freely_they helped a lot! other than the percoset, which made him hallucinate, the motrin and tylenol 3 worked wonders. so, please try and take what they have to offer.
also, try and keep a positive outlook. where you are now is temporary. it is going to get better from here on in.
we are all here for you and wish you a smooth recovery from now on.
thank you, alonso family, for letting us know how ben is doing.
God bless and be well, sylvia

Hey Ben-
Hope you are feeling a lot better. The pain gets better. Don't be afraid to take the pain meds if you really need them. This surgery is sore and hurty.

Al is right, positive attitude is 90% of the battle. You will get better and you will feel so much better than you have in a while.

Sending extremely good thought your way
-Mara

Hi Ben,

The others are right...don't be afraid to take the pain meds...I took them for quite a while after being home. It helps.! Also, as each day does get better, don't be discouraged if you get a day in between that you feel your progress backed up. I found that one day I was energetic and feeling great, the next day tired and no energy. It bounces around a bit. Listen to your body and definately think positive..it really matters!!!

Cheerin' you on!!!

Joan

Latest posts

Back