Sunday 7/28

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SuperDragon

Hello,

I went in for 40 min on Saturday, he was pretty much in the same condition as before. Mom went in this morning, and came home and told me that he's having trouble breathing on the ventilator, and he is restrained because of being restless. She asked how long they leave patients on the vent and they said 10 days before going to the trach...but because of his incisions and things they don't really want to do a trach...I think they are going to be doing xrays in the morning as he has some seeping from his incisions and he is being put back on paralyzer medication, and anitbiotics so that no infection arises from the incision seeping. He has no fever, and the xrays will check the lungs. They want to do a blood transfusion because of all the diluting that the medication has done and because they have been taking so much out. Just continue the prayers!

That's all for now...

Steve

Thanks Steve

Thanks Steve

Funny we posted at same time. I just called the hospital. We are all praying very hard for your Dad. Keep us posted. Bonnie

Steve:

Please do keep us posted even if it's only to say "he's the same."

We've been so worried the past two days without hearing any updates. Of course, this news is worrisome too, but better to know what's going on.

Blessings on you and your family. You must be all exhausted at this point.

Especially tell your Mom we are thinking of her.

Of course the prayers continue for Ross and all of you.

Last edited:
WILL KEEP THOSE PRAYERS COMING

WILL KEEP THOSE PRAYERS COMING

HI STEVE AND FAMILY....WILL DEFINITELY KEEP ON PRAYING FOR YOUR DAD....AND WILL ALSO INCREASE THEM. HOPEFULLY THE PARALYZING DRUGS WILL ENABLE HIM TO GET THE REST HE SO DESPERATELY NEEDS. PLEASE CONTINUE TO LET US KNOW HOW HE IS DOING....I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO CHECKS THIS LIST FREQUENTLY FOR WORD ABOUT HIM. THE HOSPITAL WILL ONLY SAY "GUARDED CONDITION" THANK YOU AGAIN FOR GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY TO LET US ALL KNOW. WE'RE DEFINITELY PRAYING FOR HIM AND YOU ALL, TOO.

EVELYN AND TYCE

Steve - Thanks for keeping us informed about Ross's condition. This is no fun for him and I just keep praying every day. I understand that being restrained is necessary, but it seems unfair for such a nice guy to have to go through this. I know that every day he is healing and getting better internally, but that ventillator just bothers me. Please tell Ross we are thinking about him.

Dear Steve-

Please always remember that where there's life, there's hope. Don't ever give up. Your dad is fighting like mad to get better. He's a tough fella. My husband has been through some pretty terrible things when even the doctors didn't think he'd pull through, but he did and he never gives up and neither do I.

When you go there, you whisper in his ear that you know he's a fighter and that you don't want him to give up. Tell him to fight like crazy. The will to live is extremely important. Tell him these things, even if he's sedated. His mind will hear your words. And make sure he knows you're in his corner. He needs you to be there for him right now. He needs someone to speak to the doctors and nurses on his behalf, making sure he's comfortable while he's in a helpless state. I'm sure your mom is doing that, but you do it as well.

During my husband's last stay in the ICU, his roomate was on the vent, restrained and sedated. He'd been there for a long time. He was gradually getting better and they were trying to wean him off the vent.

The human body can heal from some nasty stuff.

Steve, Lyn and your brothers - Imagine many fingers were on 'ready' to call the hospital as we are so worried for your dad and your family. Thank you for posting, otherwise, there'd probably be one of the VR family arriving at the hospital to personally check. It is so good of you to take your valuable and precious time.

Guess you can tell by now that your dad has many 'fans' here in valvereplacement. He has become such a mainstay to us all and we miss his encouraging posts. You are doing a very good job standing in for him while he is away and it is so much appreciated.

Prayers are going.......and going..........and going..............

God bless - Ann

Hi Steve

Hi Steve

Thanks for posting Steve ..just wanted you to know that Ross and all his family are in our thoughts and prayers ...we are all pulling for him to make a great recovery ...you take care ...love Scottie

Steve

Steve

I just want to let you know that I am praying for your father. Please keep us posted.

Amy

Ross Y

Ross Y

Thanks for posting Steve.
Give your Dad my best wishes.
Have faith.
Don

Steve,

Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

I know your Dad will make it. He is the heart and soul of this site and near and dear to a lot of us, we all need him. I can assure you Steve that there are hundreds of us praying for him every day.

Thank you for being such a strong son. Your Dad and your Mom need you to be strong, now more than ever.

We all love you Dad and we want him to be well and get through this.

Walter

Thank you Steve....May God bless your Dad and your whole family and help you through this very difficult time.

Zipper

Steve,
Once again, thank you for taking the time to update us...we know what a hard time this is for you.

The blood transfusion may help a lot, and it's nothing to worry about. All of my blood came from donors, and I'm doing fine. We're all pulling for your dad, and wishing your family the very best.

--John

Steve,

Thanks very much for updating us. I haven't had time to respond to all the post I wanted to this week but I have been reading them to see what is happening.

I agree with what Nancy said. WIsper words of encouragement in his ear. Tell him you are pulling for him and you know he is a survivor! He will hear subconciousely. I know I did. I had four transfusions and the surgeons couldn't stop the bleeding, but I did pull through!

Your father is one of our main icons on this site. He has given so manny words of encouragement to others. I know we all are thinking of Ross and just know he will pull through!

We will all be keeping Ross in our thought and prayers.

Dear Steve:

Thank you somuch for updating us. Please give your Dad our best.

I had a friend last year who was on the ventilator for 21 days, came off, came out, and now is doing just great. They also "paralyzed " her, and she did have to go to rehab to get function back, but she really is just fine now.

I have said many prayers for your family, and for your Dad.

Please continue with the updates. They mean a lot to those of us who are on here everyday, and have so much admiration and respect for your Dad.

Go with God.

Wayne and Marybeth

Hi Steve,

I am continuing with my prayers. You hang in there. God is in control, and loves your dad more than any of us.

-Jennie

Steve-
Please tell your dad to just concentrate on getting well.
We all want to have him back on the boards.
We need his insights and knowledge of what's going on it the world. He is, after all, the King of the Internet: he always has a webpage for every question.
-Mara

Latest posts

Back