Some photos to relax with.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ValveAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I want to share a few photos that help me relax. Of course, I took the photos and know where they are, but i hop they are enjoyable for you.

I love swings from a tree limb.

a tree swing next to river.jpg

And this is a 'farm' that is on a main road from the country to city in N. Alabama.

Kelly farms spring.jpg

This is a restaurant on a bay inlet off the Gulf of Mexico in the Pensacola FL area.

The restaurant for Pegs reunion.png

The Pensacola Beach Pier. That is the Gulf of Mexico you see.

IMG_0519.JPG

And the Gulf at Sunset.

IMG_0649 - Copy.JPG

I hope you have some photos that relax you and that you may wish to share.

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing! I really like the lines in your fourth shot with the peer.

I’m a waterfalls and mountains guy more than beaches and such. A few of my favorite waterfalls.

Ramsay Cascades in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
05D14310-A8F7-41ED-8013-A118C2ACFA83.jpeg

Soco Falls outside Cherokee, NC
A9B11EB5-B4F5-4D56-8073-6C633EAF4297.jpeg

Not a waterfall. West Prong Little Pigeon River at the Chimney Tips picnic area in Great Smoky Mountains National Park
4DC81738-6E4E-42B6-8E34-E13F8FE91B44.jpeg

Lower Calf Creek Falls in Utah along Highway 12.
918B8832-A016-4DEF-B8EC-9A3FDC81DB4C.jpeg

Last edited:
some nice shots there Superman ... that last one always makes me think "its a shame people don't use tilt lenses anymore.

http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-different-slant-on-things.html
reviewing that makes me feel a little sad that I don't use my big camera anymore.
Thanks for the kind words. Tilt shift lenses are quite expensive for normal cameras. Large format film it’s built into the body. If I could spend whatever I wanted on toys, maybe I’d get one.

If I could spend whatever I wanted on toys, maybe I’d get one.
well there's a middle ground. Mirrorless cameras have shorter flange distance (meaning you also need a stand off adaptor to mount regular 35mm lenses. I have such an adaptor for my m43 setup, and so a FD50 f1.4 lens gives me the equivalent of a TS-E90 (I've had both that and the TS-E24) but with f1.4 and plenty of image circle coverage.

If you end up playing with LF - sheet film cameras are cheap, and you can do a lot with (say) a 180mm and a 90mm on a Toyoview for not a lot of money.

This is done with ADOX sheet in my Toho (not Toyo) on Anitas parents island, its her uncles boat. Note the effect of tilt here to keep the focal plane down the length of the boat (DoF expands to enlarge at the RHS of the image, tree to the left of the bow out of focus)

1673667373003.png

Film is pretty cheap (but not in time and effort;-)

This is Grotto Falls off a trail that begins on the Roaring Forks Motor Trail. The hiking path goes behind the falls. Pretty cool. Maybe a mile and a half from the trail head.

8852600E-DABD-4DAA-B79D-3A2192939A84.jpeg

Abrams Falls off a trail the starts at the back of the Cades Cove area in GSMNP. A five mile out and back hike. This was crawling with people swimming but a did a 15 second exposure and they all disappeared.

3F6B1AFD-5600-434E-9EA2-A6A5FB9FC66D.jpeg

Wow these are all amazing images. Just recently got my 1st mirrorless camera a Nikon Z6II , unbelievable iso settings of 58,000. No need for flash photography along with image stabilization in body. I got a Nikon adapter to use all my 35mm lenses. The video ability is awesome with these cameras. Put it on top of a gimbal and you can do high quality videos (5.4 K, 60 frames per second if you want). I recently got a drone to take my photography to a different level.

Wow these are all amazing images. Just recently got my 1st mirrorless camera a Nikon Z6II , unbelievable iso settings of 58,000. No need for flash photography along with image stabilization in body. I got a Nikon adapter to use all my 35mm lenses. The video ability is awesome with these cameras. Put it on top of a gimbal and you can do high quality videos (5.4 K, 60 frames per second if you want). I recently got a drone to take my photography to a different level.

I don’t know what the usable iso is. I still use a speed light because underexposed images still have challenges of noise. My native iso goes up to 40,000.

I like a speed light for fill flash with back lit portraits to cut down on bad shadows. I can lift shadows, but they still don’t look as nice as good light. I also use a speed light indoors because f/1.4 isn’t appropriate for every situation.

But when you have to raise iso, it’s nice that you can and it still looks quite nice.

I don’t know what the usable iso is. I still use a speed light because underexposed images still have challenges of noise. My native iso goes up to 40,000.
the answer is it depends.

First thing is that while OIS (and indeed sensor shift too) is an amazing tool it can't get rid of subject movement (say, from wind).

OOC JPG (1 second exposure)

1673732202910.png

a lot can be done in post now with RAW files providing that extra amount of bit depth to 1) reach into the shadows and preserve highlights (by determining correct exposure) and 2) reducing posterisation (clumping of tonality)

post processed RAW

1673732120942.png

So there are times when a speedlight (usually portraiture) can be helpful. The problems come from then blending the background light naturally to avoid that spotlight effect. Here is where bounce flash helps a lot.

an OOC JPG can do wonders in low contrast (or so called "flat light")

1673732310376.png

(GF1 and '70's era Pentax 110 50mm f2 lens on adaptor)

Hi All...

I spent 12 glorious years living in Granada, Spain. A stunning city with a magical mixture of Moorish and Spanish architecture. A few of my "creations" for your delectations....

There are zillions of classic photos of The Alhmabra Palace around, but I always enjoyed taking different angles. AsThe Alhambra was right in front of my house (well, behind, actually), I always enjoyed the weekly watering regime, hence the Watering Photo, rather than the usual tourist photo.

Hope U N-Joy

Love and New Year's wishes to all from an extremely wet and cold Riyadh, Saudi Arabia ("paradise" is always different to how it seems from abroad!!)

Attachments

• GR-Alhambra 2.jpg
    GR-Alhambra 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • GR-Alhambra 1.jpg
    GR-Alhambra 1.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • GR-Alcazar 2.jpg
    GR-Alcazar 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • GR-Alcazar 1.jpg
    GR-Alcazar 1.jpg